Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: wet diaper smell?

Wearewhoweare

Default wet diaper smell?

I have always wondered, can people smell pee on you once you have peed in your diaper? maybe it takes a little bit of time for the aroma to mature, but does anybody know? or is it really only when you poop that people smell something going on under the pants?

Most disposable diapers have odor absorbent material in the diaper when there made to take care of the pee smell. It's not so
    great for covering up the smell of poop.

this pup loves the smell of a freshly wet diaper mixed with baby powder... but there can be a stench if your urine sits in it for to long (amonia?) and / or is strong. Obviously, messy diapers do smell quite a bit - nullo helps a bit, but it's imperfect - doesn't smell like roses, but not as room-clearing...

Cherub

as long as you practice proper hygiene (wash if possible between diaper changes, especially at home) no one should notice anything amiss. Even if you wear a wet diaper for a few hours, no one should notice anything. But if you don't wash frequently enough, and wear and wet your diaper frequently enough, then yea, the urine smell could get to a noticeable level. Usually at that point, the smell has gotten into the pores of your skin and it will take a while for it to wash out. If you reach that point, if you wear regular clothes (with out the odor control of a diaper) it will be noticeable for sure.

Baby wipes are pretty amazing at helping to deal with the smell. I you change and can't take a shower, using a couple of baby wipes is generally good enough to deal with any odor.

Zpeed

Depends if you are outside or inside..
    With a warm room the odor will be noticeable much faster and also depends how long you have been wearing the diaper after peeing the first time

Urine comes out sterile but is a REALLY good medium for bacteria to grow in, so it gets ripe pretty quickly. I typically put my wet diapers in a 1 gallon ziploc bag before tossing them in the can to keep the odor at bay, but even with that the can will start to smell when it gets close to a week and time to take out the trash.

I've also found that the more I move around in a wet diaper, the more the odor escapes and is noticeable. Like I can wet my diaper all night long and not notice anything, but when I get up in the morning and sit down at the computer, I'll always catch a whiff of urine.

There's also the issue of what you've been putting in your mouth. Things like lots of coffee or asparagus are going to result in smell right away.

methedragon2

I like the smell of pee, but I have enjoyed the smell for so long that some time I just forget that the smell is there, but I do not think that is the case with most other people.

at least I know I'm not the only one that likes the smell.

Quote Originally Posted by lacutah View Post
    this pup loves the smell of a freshly wet diaper mixed with baby powder... but there can be a stench if your urine sits in it for to long (amonia?) and / or is strong. Obviously, messy diapers do smell quite a bit - nullo helps a bit, but it's imperfect - doesn't smell like roses, but not as room-clearing...