Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Child-Sized Clothing?

ivykeys

Default Child-Sized Clothing?

Does anyone else here wear children's sized clothing? I'm only about 5'1, and have pretty small feet. Kids pants actually fit me better than adult or even juniors pants do. I also really like wearing kids sized pajamas. (Personally, I think Target is best for this, especially when it comes to feet pajamas!)

Well I am 6' and 250 lbs. (trying to lose weight though) so the answer would be no, I cannot fit into any type of children's clothes. Do you just shop at Target or Walmart or do you go to places like BabyGap or Children's Place?

methedragon2

I think that it is way awsome that you can still fit into kid size clothing, I out grew being able to wear kid sizes when I was about 22.

ivykeys

I prefer Target and Walmart as they are cheaper. The Children's Place and GapKids sometimes have sales though. Payless has a nice selection of shoes.

- - - Updated - - -

It's convenient when it comes to the AB side of things, but inconvenient when it comes to my life as an adult. For instance, juniors and adults pants tend to be too long so I usually have to buy kids sizes so I don't need to pay the additional cost of having clothing modified. And when it comes to shoes, I can often fine nice flats in my size, but when it comes to heels or dress shoes, it's quite a bit more difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by ivykeys View Post
    I prefer Target and Walmart as they are cheaper. The Children's Place and GapKids sometimes have sales though. Payless has a nice selection of shoes.

- - - Updated - - -

It's convenient when it comes to the AB side of things, but inconvenient when it comes to my life as an adult. For instance, juniors and adults pants tend to be too long so I usually have to buy kids sizes so I don't need to pay the additional cost of having clothing modified. And when it comes to shoes, I can often fine nice flats in my size, but when it comes to heels or dress shoes, it's quite a bit more difficult.
    But the weird thing nowadays is that its like kids are trying to grow up too soon, so now all the 'little kids' clothes look like they are made for someone older, but I do wish I could by clothes for AB times, I don't have any and cheaper and authentic would be awesome.

ivykeys

That is true. It really depends on where you look, and what you look for. For instance, there are a lot of tutu skirts and feet pajamas. My favorite store is honestly Gymboree, which is a bit more kid-ish and has great sales. They do seem to sell feet pajamas online for all ages and sizes.

methedragon2

I think that it is awsome that you can still wear child size clothing, I had to stop wearing kid clothes when I was about 22

I can wear children's clothes too. I still have some that I still wear from my jr high days. I hate adult clothes I find them too confining. I have to get a lot of my clothes in the children department.

Nah I'm 6 feet tall and pretty fat to wear child sized clothing and I doubt even if I lost weight to be considered not fat I probably wouldn't be able to wear them still but I don't mind too much, except for the fact that I have size 12 feet (or size 13 in the US) and it's getting harder to find shoes in that size.

I'm 6'2 and weight a little more than 200 and I fit into pyjamas size 18 year and sometimes 16. I recommend Sears, especially the brand Joe Boxer that cute design. If the material is strechy, you can fit in smaller size. I have a scooby doo 2 piece size 14-16 and it fits perfectly!