Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wetting Bambinos while laying down.

Question Wetting Bambinos while laying down.

Okay, so basically, my situation is this:
    Just bought a case of Bambinos on a whim. Usually being the purchaser of Goodnites and other drugstore varieties, I find that wetting while in bed is an easy way to get your mattress wet. Bambinos being notable as a top-of-the-line diaper, my question is as follows:

Can I wet laying in bed and trust the gathers? I really, really want to be able to have that comfort. That'd make life so much better. To just be able to curl up in a cute Bambino and wet freely without worrying about dampening my mattress.. This is all I ask. So far this small wish has gone unheeded. This is why I can't have nice things.

I wear Dry24/7's to bed And wear plastic pants over them. I'm a side sleeper and don't trust any diaper not to leak. It will also depend on how heavy a wetter
    you are. I'm a heavy wetter at night.

You can totally trust them as long as you put on the diaper properly.
    I've flooded them while laying on my back, and on my stomach. I don't know how they will perform if you're laying on your side though.
    If your only experience is with Goodnites and store brands, then you're in for a real treat

Quote Originally Posted by Piplup View Post
    If your only experience is with Goodnites and store brands, then you're in for a real treat
    Gaaaaaaaaaah, stop getting me all worked up and excited because then waiting for it is gonna go soooooooooo slow! xD I'm so far past beyond excited that it's not even funny. I want them so bad.

Default Re: Wetting Bambinos while laying down.

Quote Originally Posted by HuskyAllie View Post
    Gaaaaaaaaaah, stop getting me all worked up and excited because then waiting for it is gonna go soooooooooo slow! xD I'm so far past beyond excited that it's not even funny. I want them so bad.
    You went from a 1983 Toyota Corolla to a brand new Cadillac. The change will be drastic for you.

**A few days later**

HuskyAllie: OMG OMG WOW! All this time I've waited! Soooooo worth it.

It's better to flood them while laying on your back. It will decrease the risk of leakage. The wicking distance isn't the greatest with Bambino and will stay in the front with not much room to go. Gravity will take effect and do what it does.

If I were you, maybe just for test purposes lay out a trashbag flat under you while you do so... not everyone's bladder holds the same amount.

Also for more fun, get some Gerber white plastic pants from baby-pants and a onesie... onesies are good for keeping the diaper from sagging.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by MeTaLMaNN1983 View Post
    You went from a 1983 Toyota Corolla to a brand new Cadillac. The change will be drastic for you.

**A few days later**

HuskyAllie: OMG OMG WOW! All this time I've waited! Soooooo worth it.

It's better to flood them while laying on your back. It will decrease the risk of leakage. The wicking distance isn't the greatest with Bambino and will stay in the front with not much room to go. Gravity will take effect and do what it does.

If I were you, maybe just for test purposes lay out a trashbag flat under you while you do so... not everyone's bladder holds the same amount.

Also for more fun, get some Gerber white plastic pants from baby-pants and a onesie... onesies are good for keeping the diaper from sagging.

I have a onesie! A shoddily improvised one made out of 3 spare buttons and a shirt I cut up, but it works. xD

Default Re: Wetting Bambinos while laying down.

Cool! I've thought about doing some of my own stuff, then I imagine the outcome and laugh lol.

Me myself I have laid on my back before with Bambino's and had no leak.
    Unless you super flood it, I doubt it will leak.
    Not sure about laying on the side tho.
    That scares me, well not really scare but makes me worried, that it will leak that way.

Pretty much all diapers can and often will leak. I find that most of the premium diapers do pretty good, Bambinos among them, as long as I do a few things. Making sure the diaper is the correct size and properly put on will help a lot. For me laying on my back is best. I never flood the diaper, rather I just let it happen. The force of flooding or even that directional stream, that happens for some of us, can lead to leaks.

I have had really good diapers leak when I have done everything correctly, no explanation. Then I have had others, not necessarily the best, that I have soaked, then wet more, that just don't leak.

I went from ATN's to Molicare and now bambino's .... i hanvt had a bambino leak on me yet .

correct fitment is key though , when really wet though they are heavy so support would be a good idea . I use a pair of my wife's old bike shorts , they work pretty good ( comfy too tbh )