Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: looking for a book

Default looking for a book

i am looking for a book written by a doctor (nessisary)
    the book needs to explain the non sexual side of AB/DL and diffrent aspects of it.
    the reason being is i am going to buy it, highlight parts that pertain to me, and give it to my mom as a way of.. coming out i guess.
    the reason it needs to be written by a doctor is because my mom is the kind that only trusts ranking members of our religion (LDS) and Doctors.
    so any help in this area would be greatly appreciated.

Default Re: looking for a book

I too am an LDS. Unfortunately there is no known books on abdl or paraphalic infantilism. Your best bet is to find articles in psychiatric publications on paraphalic infantilism. Has your mom refused to accept your nonsexual ab?

Is there a compelling reason for telling your mom?

The problem you are going to face is that there is not a lot of legitimate scientific research behind AB/DL although there has been some. Most of what has been published really seems to be more suspect, than not.

I had a book that might work, not sure where it is as it has been missing for years. It was written by a Dr and takes an approach that may well serve your purposes. Ill try to find it, but no guarantees as I have moved several times and it could be anywhere.

FYI, I am also LDS so I totally understand where you come from with regard to your mom.

Countdown

Quote Originally Posted by HokieABDL View Post
    I too am an LDS. Unfortunately there is no known books on abdl or paraphalic infantilism. Your best bet is to find articles in psychiatric publications on paraphalic infantilism.
    ^ truth

think it's a dumb move to come out to your mom, kryxel, but i shall point you toward what seems an interesting article...

"Adult Baby Syndrome" by Jennifer E. Tate, M.D. and Glen O. Gabbard, M.D.

haven't read thru it myself, so can't say for sure whether it's good, but it looks interesting...

good luck...

The best option is to be as honest as possible. I'm LDS as well and my parents don't like it at all. They think I'm "cured". Don't get me wrong I love and appreciate all they do for me but this is something they will never go along with. If you feel comfortable coming out with your AB side: do it. If they are in accepting and you still want to be an adult baby you may have to keep your desires under your families radar.
    Hope this helped.

dont get me wrong, i am going to be flying under the radar. the book is more of a "hedging my bets" type thing, i will basically keep it with my stash and if she snoops and finds it (it will be with a letter) then she can at least have a "view" of my side before fighting with me.

Quote Originally Posted by kryxel View Post
    dont get me wrong, i am going to be flying under the radar. the book is more of a "hedging my bets" type thing, i will basically keep it with my stash and if she snoops and finds it (it will be with a letter) then she can at least have a "view" of my side before fighting with me.
    You are better off maintaining complete discretion. They should not be searching your belongings and you would be better served to find extremely effective hiding places.

I have never had my stash discovered by parents, wife, siblings, friends, etc after I reached the point of adulthood. I credit this to both the fact that I am an adult and that I am good at stashing diapers.

If she does find the diapers a book won't help. Either she will say nothing or she will confront you. In the grand scheme of things it will not be the end of the world, although it may make things tough for you. So if you don't want this to happen, instead of preparing for her to find out just be more careful.

Another great solution would be for you to move out. I know this might not be possible but it is a great solution that has many other benefits.

well when they learn that snooping and spying is not the best course of action.. then i possibly will. but i think i have a great hiding place.
    and to your family it may not help.. but with mine at least she can be educated and understand before we talk.

- - - Updated - - -

um.. i would not use this due to the fact that every "refrence" usually involves masterbating in diapers (not part of me) and one refrence of pedophilia.

Though it's not written by one doctor per se, Wikipedia has a very good dissertation on Paraphilia and Infantilism. You might just copy that out and keep it with your stash. Its advantage would be that it's a much shorter read and to the point.

Quote Originally Posted by kryxel View Post
    i am looking for a book written by a doctor (nessisary)
    the book needs to explain the non sexual side of AB/DL and diffrent aspects of it.
    Hate to say it, but the book you're looking for doesn't exist.

Presumably, you could go to a psychiatrist and have him write a letter.