Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dry 24/7 Update Number 3

Default Dry 24/7 Update Number 3

I bought a new case of 24/7's last week and found, in the first package I opened, that the tapes are perhaps 33% wider than before. Has anybody else noticed this change? It's possible an improvement has been made. I hope so.

Too, I have reported all along that I have had no leaks wearing these diapers, in 14 months. I had a small leak last week while delivering newspapers by automobile. It's mostly sitting, but there is a lot of shifting around to get the papers into the tubes; it's often necessary to put the paper out the passenger side window. That day I had a lot of urine, the quantity in any day varies as much as 3 times, or more. The leak was small, perhaps a tablespoonful.

Still, when all is said and done, these are the best diapers I have found and used.

Yes they did do some changes. The tapes are bigger and the padding is a little different too. The padding gets little thinner towards the front edge and the back edge of the diaper. Still the best diapers I have ever use. The Dry 24/7 is one of my overnight diapers.

Default Re: Dry 24/7 Update Number 3

Quote Originally Posted by PFD View Post
    I bought a new case of 24/7's last week and found, in the first package I opened, that the tapes are perhaps 33% wider than before. Has anybody else noticed this change? It's possible an improvement has been made. I hope so.

Too, I have reported all along that I have had no leaks wearing these diapers, in 14 months. I had a small leak last week while delivering newspapers by automobile. It's mostly sitting, but there is a lot of shifting around to get the papers into the tubes; it's often necessary to put the paper out the passenger side window. That day I had a lot of urine, the quantity in any day varies as much as 3 times, or more. The leak was small, perhaps a tablespoonful.

Still, when all is said and done, these are the best diapers I have found and used.
    How long has it been since your previously last purchase? I made a thread a while back asking if anyone else had noticed the tapes being bigger. That was about 4 months ago.

Since then my last order was about 2 months ago and I feel like this latest order had less padding footprint but it was much more "dense" feeling between the legs so absorbency was roughly the same.

Admittedly I can't verify a padding change but if you want to compare tape sizes I have a couple left from that order two months ago.

I got my latest shipment on Christmas Eve and I could tell the difference in the padding from the ones I got in October. This last shipment the diapers are easier
    to lay out flat when I unfold them. Can't tell any difference in the tapes. I talked to Gary on the phone between Christmas and New Years to get my Auto Shipment
    date set up. He asked me if I had any questions and told him about sometimes the top tape on the right wouldn't always stick. It was always the blue tape. I just
    got started on my 2nd pack and the tapes seem to be okay. Gary also told me that the company is building a plant in the US. He told he keeps asking when talks
    to them if their up and running yet. I'll get my next case delivered in late Febuary.

My last previous order was, perhaps, a month ago.

People really seem to rave about the Dry 24/7s. I've only ever worn Tena Maxi Slips and Bambino Classicos for serious diapers...are they really that much better than them? I've really have my interest spiked lately.

Yes!, one of the few brands I've used that truly are all that.

got my order of Larges, but, after shifting primarily to cloth, may be a month or two before I get into em

A plant in the US?! we must give em ALOT of business (not abdls in particular, just the market in general)

it might also spell doom for some of the other manufacturers, I can actually see 24/7 nailing Depends to the wall on OTC sales if they do the slightest bit of advertising and can convince the chain stores to carry their product. Personally, I think some of the crappier ones should go, there is presently WAY too much garbage in the market.

oops, I forgot, all that type of product ends up in the garbage anyways.

They switched manufacturers a few months ago I believe. They kind of have to negotiate what they can get the new one to do. I believe the new ones are the ones that are all white no matter what size and the bigger tapes.

Actually, having a distributor base like Abena could hurt a lot of manufacturers and generate considerable competition. The Dry 24/7 should be favored more by caregivers, because they are considerably more substantial and effective. Brands like Depend and Tena appeal more to those who are in denial, and want to pretend like they are not wearing any protection.

If you lived your life having finished diapers by the age of two, grew up as a jock playing sports, obtained a high-zoot job, bought a house and some land, purchased your trophy wife along with the two-car garage, dog, and kids; well then, you have an image to protect. The first episode after a prostrate operation is devastating to one who has lived the good life, and now must come to terms with limitations. That individual is not going to want anything that looks or feels remotely like Pampers. Even with a wafer-thin Tena "pull up", you will feel like you are wearing a "diaper" for the first time in 60 years, which most of the population (along with their idiocy and stupidity) has some resistance to.

When that "MAN" has his first stroke, and faces the prospect of a caregiver changing his diaper, it will take hold like a sobering cold shower on a drunk wino. Welcome to the REAL world of disabilities, son. Now, you get to see what it's like being "one of us".

Anyway, I strongly hope Dry Care gets a good hold on the market. XP Medical is currently out of stock on the mediums until at least March 20th, and I am sure it will affect a lot of people who have grown to like the Dry 24/7 diaper. Both caregivers, and those who comfortably wear them independently and appreciate them. For now, I am stuck ordering the cheap Abenas or Bambinos. Regardless of where they're made, I hope production gets ramped up again soon. When they come back, I certainly hope they maintain the same quality.

I just noticed the new out of stock date - was 1/20, now 3/20... I placed an order earlier this month because I'm practically out of 'em, and very dissapointed if they don't get a shipment this month to fill my order... looks like I'll be in nothing but bambinos for awhile - there are worse things I suppose, but I like dry 24/7 more!