Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interesting and educational

Default Interesting and educational

I found this interesting.

Japan Sells More Adult Diapers Than Baby Diapers: Video - Bloomberg

Wonder what % of purchases are done by those who like to wear, rather than must wear.

Take care.
    A.

probably mostly need, but it wouldn't surprise me to see a few people playing with em

Quote Originally Posted by bebehuey View Post
    probably mostly need, but it wouldn't surprise me to see a few people playing with em
    I agree too.

If it's mostly need, that raises the question of why incontinence is more prevalent in Japan than elsewhere in the world? Or is it that wearing for convenience (such as at work) is more culturally acceptable than elsewhere?

It probably just means that their elderly population is that much greater than their baby population, which will hopefully become the story of the rest of the world, including the US, when more women wise-up and STOP GETTING PREGNANT!!!

Having read the story, the inference was directed to Japan's failing economy, and the choice to have fewer children, thus fewer babies, and a greater aging population. We may see something similar in the U. S. as the Baby Boomer generation ages, and thus experiences, to some percentage, incontinence because of age and disease. Prostate cancer can result in incontinence to it's survivors, though interestingly, Japan has less cancer than the U. S., probably because of their fish consumption.

I discussed this with my wife several days ago, and she added that the Japanese work longer hours, and less equality and respect is given to their women (or so we've read), so she wondered if some women wore diapers because they didn't get adequate bathroom breaks. That actually was the case in the U. S. when Walmart female cash register workers claimed they were wearing and using diapers at the register because they weren't given adequate breaks.

They use a lot of train travel or bus travel. The bathrooms are not easy to get to when they are crowded so a lot of people resort to diapers. I also found this Adult diapers a surprising new trend among Japanese women | Daily Buzz - Yahoo! News Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
    They use a lot of train travel or bus travel. The bathrooms are not easy to get to when they are crowded so a lot of people resort to diapers.
    That reminds me of this.

the sad thing is, they appeared to be happy to be mashed in there. I know Japan is a very populated country, woudn't the extensive use of diapers on the commuter trains make the problem worse? or, perchance slighty increase ones personal space in such man jams.

The reason for that statistic is in fact that the birth rate in japan is declining. In my one ecology class at PSU we watched a video on population density and age ranges of the worlds countries. There are entire schools in japan that are shutting down because there are no kids to go to them. This is a trend that is growing in developed nations, the opposite is happening in places like south africa where war/famine/disease is killing off people at a high rate, leaving only children and young adults in their populations. I lived in japan for a year also and their culture is way more open to things like diapers for convenience than western cultures.