Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So, video games cause cancer now apparently?

Default So, video games cause cancer now apparently?

Video Games Now Being Accused of Giving Children Cancer.....WTF - YouTube

What are your thoughts on all of this? Personally I myself feel angered by such an assumption, I've played video games nearly my ENTIRE life, never been diagnosed with cancer, EVER! You'd have a great chance of getting cancer from cancer sticks (aka cigarettes), I'm sorry but I just needed to get this out of my system
    Last edited by MokatheGroundhog; 12-Jan-2013 at 01:06. Reason: had to add some stuff

Man, now EVERYTHING is supposed to cause cancer. I don't know if our modern life is causing cancer incidences to increase, or if we're just paying more attention to that disease. Anyway, pointing at the causes won't give us a cure, and if you don't get cancer from this, SURE you will get cancer from that. I have a friend (classmate) who always reminds me of the many things that cause cancer, and it's irritating at best. To be honest, I don't know how many of the things written into the cancer-inductors list are ACTUALLY related to the disease, I mean, not thought of to be the cause, or if the researchers are just crying wolf over and over again.

[Excuse me if I got out of topic. Just wanted to get all that out of my system too. Also, I apologize for the bad grammar and lack of structure in my thoughts.]

Its like what doesn't cause cancer now.
    Watching normal TV or movie theaters may be next. Then breathing the wrong way will.
    Tho I do not see how it could. Maybe they sit to close to the screen?

I been playing video games since I was like 8ish maybe.
    30 years later still nothing.

I'm actually legit curious now, I wanna see our medical professionals conduct a study and proove or disproove this fact

Quote Originally Posted by StargazerBleu View Post
    Watching normal TV or movie theaters may be next.
    I think that, until some point, TV was said to cause cancer, at least when I was in primary (elementary) school. I never knew if it was because of the airwaves or because of some emitions from the CRT.

Quote Originally Posted by Karoo View Post
    I think that, until some point, TV was said to cause cancer, at least when I was in primary (elementary) school. I never knew if it was because of the airwaves or because of some emitions from the CRT.
    If TV caused cancer, hundreds of people would have reported signs of cancer. I know that intense graphics can make you feel nauseated, lots of people left the hobbit because of that effect.

Default Re: So, video games cause cancer now apparently?

Wow, I should have cancer in no time! I played the hell out of some videogames.
    I should go bother some doctors after each time I play a videogame.

I shall use Obama Care for that!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Oh, I think this is great. Now I can sue all those game companies for cancer I might one day get!

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBalto View Post
    If TV caused cancer, hundreds of people would have reported signs of cancer. I know that intense graphics can make you feel nauseated, lots of people left the hobbit because of that effect.
    The hobbit dint have "intense graphics". It was filmed at 48 Frames Per Second which is twice as much as normal movies use at 24 FPS. They just weren't used to the fluidity of it, coupled with both eyes seeing different pictures moving at 48 pictures a second.

plus most places dont or can't support 48 frames per second.

Quote Originally Posted by Karoo View Post
    Man, now EVERYTHING is supposed to cause cancer. I don't know if our modern life is causing cancer incidences to increase, or if we're just paying more attention to that disease.
    This, I was going to say the same thing. It does seem that almost every doctor or news article comes out with some sort of thing that causes cancer. Does it really even matter anymore, because if everything causes cancer and if we will eventually get it, why is it everyone is scared of the outcome. Wouldn't it be more common to have cancer then not. I don't know about you but I will play my video games without dreading the "consequences".