Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: bra help

Default bra help

I want to find a good fitting bra were is a good place to start lookig that would carry a size to fit me.

VS seriously Victoria's Secret is lg, tg, cd, ts friendly and will happily help fit you for the right size, then you woul;d also have the chance to buy your first bra and gain the knowledge of what size range you are in when shopping for other brands.

You're going to need a measuring tape. You can get these just about everywhere from grocery stores to the sewing section of walmart. Rather than repeat the procedure for measuring, I'll refer you here: Bra Fit Guide

If your shy about soliciting advice in the stores, you can almost always do it well yourself. Then go to Wal*Mart (or order online) and pick up one inexpensive ones to experiment with until you find your way.

The other alternative is as asayuu is to try the stores. VS has pretty much seen it all.

You may wish to drop by over at crossdressers.com which has more specific XD resoruces.

VS seriously Victoria's Secret is lg, tg, cd, ts friendly and will happily help fit you for the right size, then you woul;d also have the chance to buy your first bra and gain the knowledge of what size range you are in when shopping for other brands.
    I would agree with that. I was very nervous the first time I asked for a bra fitting, but I found the VS staff to be very helpful. They measure me, asked for input on what type I'm looking for, helped me find a matching panty for the bra I picked out and even allowed me in the fitting room. I don't know if traswoman has had as positive experience as me with Victoria's Secret, but it's worth trying.

I also have a few suggestions to add. Are you planning to use forms? If so then I would stay away from push up bras as they will not work very well. The heavy padding leaves little room for the forms. I would also try to find something unlined and underwire. It will hold the forms best (or whatever you use for stuffing.) A wireless bra won't provide enough hold to keep forms from moving around and I find that being unlined also helps to keep forms in place. If you prefer then a lightly lined bra will also work ok.

I would try to find something reasonably priced until you know what you like and even then finding sales and big discounts are pretty easy if you look around. There really is no need to spend $45 or more on a good bra when you can get good ones on sale or clearance. For instance I just got a very nice nude colored (to wear under light shirts) unlined underwire bra at Dillard's for $13 instead of the ticket price of $50 but you've got to look around. In addition to stores I would try soma.com. I love thir bras and you can find some good clearance deals if you are patient.

Victoria's Secret also has some decent stuff but I generally don't find much in their stores that is to my liking. First it is pretty expensive and second most of their stuff is push up and it doesn't work well for me. I sometimes find good stuff on clearance on their web site so take a look if you like. The stores tend not to work for me even when they have their semi annual sales. Could be because I wear a 36C or 38B which are fairly popular sizes but...

Make sure you get a good measurement and then good luck. There's lots to choose from so it may take a while to figure out what's what but you'll figure it out.

Finally if you want to get some forms, they can be pretty expensive but there is some entry level stuff out there. I got a pair from Janet's Closet-Breast Forms,Crossdressing Stores,Burlesque Costumes,Stripper Shoes,Wig Shop and MORE! that I'm wearing right now. They aren't the best available but they meet my needs for a reasonable price. I'd try to find them on Amazon since that's how I found them And the prices were a bit better through their Amazon store than they were on their own website.

i know what size i wear i just need to find a place that sells them i am a 40a/38b depending on the day and i know vs doesnt sell that size

Quote Originally Posted by babyboydj View Post
    i know what size i wear i just need to find a place that sells them i am a 40a/38b depending on the day and i know vs doesnt sell that size
    This seller usually has just about any size Complete Comfort Stretch Bra, Magic Lift Wire-Free Bra items in GLAMORISE BRAS Closeout Discount Wholesale BRAND SLAM store on eBay!
    I wear a 44B-48AA and seller above usually has those sizes and they are fairly cheap $8-$20 on avg. padded options/non padded/ wirefree and what not.
    also
    eBay My World - atm1106 usually has wire free bras in the size your looking for under $10

Example 40As
    http://stores.ebay.com/BRAND-SLAM-FA..._sid=425102842 - 2 options
    Examples for 38Bs
    http://stores.ebay.com/BRAND-SLAM-FA..._sid=425102842 - 18 options

Hopefully that helps.

The VictoriaSecret junk mail always comes in my name as I was the one with the VS credit card. One time I got a post card offering a free bathing suit fitting. My wife told me she would not be happy if I availed myself of that one.

Measuring your size as you would if you have natural breasts will help you find your band size. That would depend a lot on what your using to give your bra the form that you're looking for. For me it took a bit of trial and error and a lot of guess work until I got my first set of forms. Then I just found my chest size, then just look for the size cup that support the forms.
    Needless to say I've bought close to a thousand bra's maybe more over the years. Have fun looking
    Kerry

a thousand bras....
    i don't think that i have owned more then 50 or so bras in my life.... and i am a natural 40-C
    of course, being a child of the 60's i am much more likely to burn one then wear it..... LOL
    (see Woman's Lib & free-love... )