Thread: The Double Life

Default The Double Life

I originally posted this on my tumblr, but I believe it fits well in this forum as well. Hopefully it will provoke plenty of dialogue, I'm interested in what you all think.

"I created this blog with the intention that I would share who I really am. It's why I share more than AB stuff, as much as I love it, on my blog. I share a plethora of things I love, whether that be music, books, writing, thinking, life, as well as my love for diapers. My intentions? First, that Non-ABs will become more aware that ABs/TBs/DLs share common interests and life passions that they might have, besides diapers. Secondly, I want to encourage fellow ABs/TBs/DLs to share all their life's passions with the world. To neither hide or obsessively flaunt the AB lifestyle. In essence, for us to relate. After all, we are all human beings, we'd surprise ourselves if we just took the time to listen. For example, The fear of being of the unknown and the fear of being judged are two very human emotions. Perhaps if we can admit we all do this, we can begin to be more empathetic to those different from us. Those who don't care for the AB lifestyle, can find ways to relate to those who do, and become more understanding. Likewise ABs can display patience, and not be so haste on forsaking the world and sheltering away in some small AB niche, secluded from the world. Frankly, there is too much of this going on and no one is the better for it.

Honestly, as an AB, I'm guilty of this too. I still hide part of me from the world, and especially the people I love. I keep the infantilism part of me in its own little corner, as though it were some disobedient child in time-out. In part, its because there's such a misconception of what an AB is. When hearing of "adult wanting to be a baby", wrong deductions are made, resulting in a logical fallacy. And it's worse being a guy. Their is an even more negative stigma around guys finding comfort and pleasure of returning to an infantile state, where as girls, its some adorable and cute little quark, at worst, just strange.

The point, however, is not to complain or place blame, because simply put, its serves no purpose. I simply wish that we can agree that we all have fears, some legitimate. But can we all agree to not let those fears keep us from what we all most long for: To connect to one another. It is, after all, our most natural desire as humans. If we agree on this, than perhaps we are not too far from shedding our the double lives. I know we are all at different levels of this, some non-ABs are more understanding than others, while some ABs don't hide who they really are as much. But if we all progress, my guess is, we will all discover that there's no such thing as "normal," just other interesting, unique, fun and very different, but somehow, relatable people.

I guess it is all in the way you look at things?

My perspective...
    Would I really want to read on a friends blog about his foot fetish, or how he likes to secretly cross-dress? Heck no, not because there is anything wrong with these things, but simply because some things are better left private. At times we dont only keep these things private for our own good, but to avoid placing others in uncomfortable situations!

Sure, it might be okay to have a blog about ab/dl stuff, but I wouldn't want to have a personal blog, that I used to place ab/dl stuff on unsuspecting friends.

This is far from a "double life". It wouldnt be progressing to include everything about your life. There is a time and a place for everything, and random include everything about my life blogs rarely succeed at getting many viewers. Blogs focused on one topic tend to get all the visits, as this is what search engines and the internet favor.

Countdown

My intentions? First, that Non-ABs will become more aware that ABs/TBs/DLs share common interests and life passions that they might have, besides diapers.
    bad idea... nons will not care if you share a few common interests... most will look at the diapers and say, "what the hell??? sicko!!! "

Secondly, I want to encourage fellow ABs/TBs/DLs to share all their life's passions with the world. To neither hide or obsessively flaunt the AB lifestyle.
    eh... just think it's best to keep this thing as hidden as possible...

For example, The fear of being of the unknown and the fear of being judged are two very human emotions. Perhaps if we can admit we all do this, we can begin to be more empathetic to those different from us.
    this is true, but the problem is that you are using a logical argument in an attempt to convince people who are having emotional reactions (disgust)... this may make a few rethink their gut reaction of disgust... but the majority will just point & laugh at you because emotions are generally more convincing to people than logic is...

And it's worse being a guy. Their is an even more negative stigma around guys finding comfort and pleasure of returning to an infantile state, where as girls, its some adorable and cute little quark, at worst, just strange.
    completely agree

I simply wish that we can agree that we all have fears, some legitimate. But can we all agree to not let those fears keep us from what we all most long for: To connect to one another. It is, after all, our most natural desire as humans. If we agree on this, than perhaps we are not too far from shedding our the double lives. I know we are all at different levels of this, some non-ABs are more understanding than others, while some ABs don't hide who they really are as much.
    es a noble goal, but one that i believe is futile...

But if we all progress, my guess is, we will all discover that there's no such thing as "normal," just other interesting, unique, fun and very different, but somehow, relatable people.
    disagree... i look at normality as a spectrum... certain things are more normal than others... & infantilism is pretty skewed toward the abnormal end of the spectrum...