Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So hockey's coming back..

Default So hockey's coming back..

If anyone cares. The lockout ended the other day after 113 days within the season. Looks like it'll be a shortened 48 game schedule. I can't wait to see the Leafs miss the playoffs once again :P.

A lot of people seemed to be uptight over hockey being gone and all the greed. Sure I think the players are greedy. Sure I think the NHL and the owners are greedy. But winter just doesn't seem the same without hockey to watch. Maybe it's just me being Canadian who knows. Is anyone else excited to see a game?

Yes, I want Ice Hockey back! I think the players will vote this Friday or Saturday. I hope it will pass.

Default Re: So hockey's coming back..

Once in awhile I would watch the playoffs, but best of 7 is kind of a drag. Two strikes in a decade wilo definately hurt.

The money that goes to owners is attracted by players. Owners provide everything else though, including a fanbase. I'd be happy to make half a million a year to have fun. When players keep requiring more and more money, eventually the seats will be too expensive to watch live.

Sports are a form of entertainment. Without the fans, it would cease to exsist.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Newphie View Post
    If anyone cares. The lockout ended the other day after 113 days within the season. Looks like it'll be a shortened 48 game schedule. I can't wait to see the Leafs miss the playoffs once again :P.

A lot of people seemed to be uptight over hockey being gone and all the greed. Sure I think the players are greedy. Sure I think the NHL and the owners are greedy. But winter just doesn't seem the same without hockey to watch. Maybe it's just me being Canadian who knows. Is anyone else excited to see a game?
    You do know it wasn't a strike right? The players had nothing to do with it, to call them greedy is false. That's why it's called a lockout, the players were locked out by the players association and the owners. The players don't want the lockout to happen, in fact a lot of them went overseas to play in other countries.
    But at least now, we have a 10 year agreement, before another lockout happens, and by then Bettmann will hopefully be gone, since I blame him for the past lockouts.

But on another note, Very very excited to see hockey return. A little worried about my Red Wings this upcoming season, we have lost some good players and might have trouble filling those spots. Lidstrom our main defenseman has retired and that is going to hit them hard.

A little upset that the Winter Classic this year has already been cancelled and could not be saved as it was going to feature the Wings and the Leafs. But 2014 Winter Classic will again feature those 2 teams.

Quote Originally Posted by MeTaLMaNN1983 View Post
    Once in awhile I would watch the playoffs, but best of 7 is kind of a drag. Two strikes in a decade wilo definately hurt.

The money that goes to owners is attracted by players. Owners provide everything else though, including a fanbase. I'd be happy to make half a million a year to have fun. When players keep requiring more and more money, eventually the seats will be too expensive to watch live.

Sports are a form of entertainment. Without the fans, it would cease to exsist.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Refer you to my above post, NOT A STRIKE PEOPLE! The players were not asking for more money. It's all about how the revenue is divided between the team owners and the NHL.

http://proicehockey.about.com/od/nhl...The-Issues.htm

The players have ZERO say in what happens during the lockout.

Would prefer to have best of 7 for the playoffs than immediate elimination after one game. That's why football is so boring, the lowest seeded team, has pretty much zero chance of winning. That in my book makes a pretty boring playoff series.

I'm happy that Hockey is back maybe this year my team (The Vancouver Canucks!) will finally win the Cup? Haha yeah right but here's to wishful thinking.

Gives me alittle variety at night now on tv. Can watch the Stars when they play. Sooner watch NHL over NBA.

I've missed hockey, and I can't wait to see the Kings raise their banner next Saturday. Whoo!

My Blackhawks stuff is coming out of the drawer. United Center is back as my wallpaper. I feel a little guilty about forgiving them so easily.

Default So hockey's coming back..

I heard somewhere that just after Coaches Corner the amount of water consumption in Canadian households increases significantly due to people using the bathroom right afterwards.

Don Cherry can be a windbag, but it's a small part of the game that I miss. That and the sound of stadium air horns.

The next 48 will be intense to say the least.

I'm a die hard Blackhawks fan, so I'm quite excited.