Thread: all uk ab/dl

Smile all uk ab/dl

.Hi to everyone on this forum who lives in the UK and love's Johnsons baby powder,I have just been into my local boots and bought a large 500g bottle for 3-10 pounds and when I got to the counter it was buy one and get one free a great deal if ever I saw one,also as part of their baby promotion it was 4 packs of pampers sensitive baby wipes for 4 pounds and lots of other offers.hope this is useful to you all.

PaddedPuppy

Annoyingly, Boots are always like that and never tell you there is a BOGO offer until you get to the checkouts, and then if they tell you there is an offer on you have to go and pick up another, then wait in line to be served again.

Another example is their own brand of adult diapers, they have been on an any 3 for 2 offer, but no boots I have been in has a sign saying this.

I have recently tried their new all in ones which I think are made for them by Attends.
    They are good if I cannot get my favourite Tena Slip Maxi delivered in time.
    Their plastic pants are awful though, crackly, hard and do not fit very well at all because of how they are cut.
    They also have offers on their formula as well this week.

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenBoy View Post
    Annoyingly, Boots are always like that and never tell you there is a BOGO offer until you get to the checkouts, and then if they tell you there is an offer on you have to go and pick up another, then wait in line to be served again.
    Oh -- I always make them wait while I get the extra item! It also takes me a few minutes to pull out the wad of money-off coupons and read each one to check whether I can use it! It probably annoys the hell out of everyone in the queue behind me, but... that's just the way the shops want to play the game, innit? It's the same if, say, I find my basket totals 27.50 and I have a "3 off when you spend 30" voucher -- I just say, "Oh... I'll have a wander and see if I can find something else I want" and make them wait for me.

All I want to do is walk into a shop, grab a few items and pay for them, but they insist on making it into a silly game of multiple discounts and vouchers. I half expect them hand me some dice and ask me to roll before the transaction can continue... "Ah! You rolled a two... to the back of the queue for you! Oooh! A three?! Don't you know it's 'buy one get one free'? Aha! A four! That means I'll charge you even more!" (etc., etc.)...

I don't see why I should be inconvenienced by ridiculous or unclear pricing models... Harrumph!

Tiny <--- (in a very grumpy mood today!)

P.S. I think I saw Huggies wipes at 2 for 2 packs in Sainsbury's...

PaddedPuppy

Quote Originally Posted by nappies4me View Post
    They also have offers on their formula as well this week.
    Payday tomorrow. I know where I'm going I need some more.

Quote Originally Posted by tiny View Post
    Oh -- I always make them wait while I get the extra item! It also takes me a few minutes to pull out the wad of money-off coupons and read each one to check whether I can use it! It probably annoys the hell out of everyone in the queue behind me, but... that's just the way the shops want to play the game, innit? It's the same if, say, I find my basket totals 27.50 and I have a "3 off when you spend 30" voucher -- I just say, "Oh... I'll have a wander and see if I can find something else I want" and make them wait for me.

Quote Originally Posted by tiny View Post

All I want to do is walk into a shop, grab a few items and pay for them, but they insist on making it into a silly game of multiple discounts and vouchers. I half expect them hand me some dice and ask me to roll before the transaction can continue... "Ah! You rolled a two... to the back of the queue for you! Oooh! A three?! Don't you know it's 'buy one get one free'? Aha! A four! That means I'll charge you even more!" (etc., etc.)...

I don't see why I should be inconvenienced by ridiculous or unclear pricing models... Harrumph!

Tiny <--- (in a very grumpy mood today!)

P.S. I think I saw Huggies wipes at 2 for 2 packs in Sainsbury's...

If they wait for you then you are very lucky. When I worked at Matalan I was told if people go running off to take their items and put it back on the rail to go back out onto the shop floor. If they come back very angry we direct them over to the manager who asks them to leave, simple as that. And if I was to wait for someone I would lose a hour of pay for not working efficiently. Then again this is the shop that has a crazy policy where we got told over Christmas if they have more than 10 items and one of the sale items doesn't scan, just de-tag it and bag it, and to make an off the record note with the customer not to try bringing it back if its not suitable as it was free, and also the shop that deducted 5 from my pay because I accepted a Scottish 5 note (which is legal and accepted, not to mention I done a refund with the next person I served and handed it to them with no problem anyway... And the manager wondered why 4 of us walked out in a week.

Hmm, I always seem to derail threads with my stories. sorry

I stopped buying Johnsons Baby Powder from Boots as it's one of the most expensive places to get it at the moment. The 500g bottle costs 3.10 in Boots but only 1.95 in Tesco for example. That's a bit of a price difference.