Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Whos gonna be your 2016 GOP Candidate?

Default Whos gonna be your 2016 GOP Candidate?

Paul Ryan
    Rick Santorum
    Bob McDonnell
    Chris Christie
    Mike Peuee
    Jeb Bush
    Bobby Jindad
    Marco Rubio
    Rand Paul
    Sarah Palin

This was supposed to be a poll but oh well. So who would you cast your ballot for in 2016? I'd do either Paul Ryan, Chris Christie, Marco Rubio or Sarah Palin.

Butterfly Mage

None of the above.

John Huntsman would be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly Mage View Post
    None of the above.

John Huntsman would be good.
    Not sure who he is.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBalto View Post
    Not sure who he is.
    Former governor of Utah and ambassador to Singapore and China. Probably the Republican that had the best shot at beating Obama in 2012 but he never got traction from the GOP base. He'd be a good choice for 2016 but I have a hard time seeing him getting nominated.

i thought the GOP was going to run Mitt-the Nit again.....
    maybe with Sarah as his back-stop. that would be a winning team for sure!
    Go GOP in 2016.....

Oh, i almost forgot .
    the slogan should be; a gun in every cars glove-box, with a two-car elevator in every garage...

Chris Christie, Marco Rubio, Jeb Bush, Bobby Jindal in that order;

Chris Christie shows some promise, depending upon who the Democratic party puts up, he might actually get my vote
    Marco Rubio runs a close second, and the Democrats would have to put up a considerably weaker candidate (ala republican party 2012)
    Jeb Bush, not that I'd actually vote for him, but he seems to have considerably more working brain cells than his brother, I wish he'd ran in 2000
    Bobby Jindal is about the last on my list, I couldn't vote for him in any case, nothing to do with his origins, I just cant stand his politics.. he does seem to be a fairly straight shooter though, and his intentions and proclivities are known.
    I grant him a thumbs up in that department

on the other end.. Sarah Palin??!!??.. I think she was the second most obvious reason McCain lost, she was completely clueless.. a hottie MILF.. but still clueless.. most telling was what happened AFTER the election.. makes me wonder how she landed the governership..

Paul Ryan, sorry, if he was bagging my groceries.. i'd find another line, he'd pack the eggs, large heavy fruits, and the motor oil in the same bag.

If Hillary decides to run in 2016, as tired as she is, you can forget about me voting GOP. then again, a 2 year hiatus might do her some good

I'm gonna go with Rand Paul, but if he gets knocked out by the elections, then I'll probably vote libertarian again, cause I can :3

I intend to forgot about elections and candidates until at least 2015. Preferably 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by bebehuey View Post
    Chris Christie, Marco Rubio, Jeb Bush, Bobby Jindal in that order;

Chris Christie shows some promise, depending upon who the Democratic party puts up, he might actually get my vote
    Marco Rubio runs a close second, and the Democrats would have to put up a considerably weaker candidate (ala republican party 2012)
    Jeb Bush, not that I'd actually vote for him, but he seems to have considerably more working brain cells than his brother, I wish he'd ran in 2000
    Bobby Jindal is about the last on my list, I couldn't vote for him in any case, nothing to do with his origins, I just cant stand his politics.. he does seem to be a fairly straight shooter though, and his intentions and proclivities are known.
    I grant him a thumbs up in that department

on the other end.. Sarah Palin??!!??.. I think she was the second most obvious reason McCain lost, she was completely clueless.. a hottie MILF.. but still clueless.. most telling was what happened AFTER the election.. makes me wonder how she landed the governership..

Paul Ryan, sorry, if he was bagging my groceries.. i'd find another line, he'd pack the eggs, large heavy fruits, and the motor oil in the same bag.

If Hillary decides to run in 2016, as tired as she is, you can forget about me voting GOP. then again, a 2 year hiatus might do her some good
    I've heard of the notion Michelle Obama might run (thatd be scary). The reason I pcik Paul Ryan could be mainly because during the VP Debate, he so bluntly addressed the facts of what Obama had cooked up in the last 4 years (I thought except for the Denver debate he did better than Romney). I believe Palin will get blown out of the water in the nominations, but who knows? Stranger things have happened.

Since the actual question being asked is, "So who would you cast your ballot for in 2016?" and I expect Hillary Clinton will run and immediately clear the Democratic field of viable alternatives, my only plausible answer is Hillary Clinton. It gets more interesting if she doesn't run.

That GOP list includes a lot of big names with potential shots, but realistically, the way this works is that those people will all make some bets about the future and take positions today accordingly, write books so that they can bolster their national profiles with book tours, and then by mid-2014, we'll see whose bets now paid off. At this point, with as many as 15-20 people floating themselves as 2016 hopefuls and no clear favorite, it's just way too early to intelligently speculate.