View Poll Results: Has this Site Changed?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

81 71.05%
  • Neutral

21 18.42%
  • No

12 10.53%
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Who feels this site has changed?

Default Who feels this site has changed?

Does anyone feel this site has changed after the age restriction raised? I realize that there was no other way since the rest of the world has trouble understanding our community.
    In my opinion it has. it doesn't feel the same in some ways. but its not all bad.
    Thanks,

Quality has gone down, but it is up to us to keep it going strong.

I've noticed no difference at all, to be honest.

How could we possibly expect that the loss of 10-15% of our members all in a particular age group wouldn't have a significant effect? We are still coming to grips with this as a community. I find fewer threads and posts that demand my immediate attention. Its not that our threads have gone bad but at least for me, the sense of need is reduced. I'm hoping I will find a new "normal" here. I'm trying my best not to be negative but it's hard when such a fundamental pillar of my motivation to engage has been removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    How could we possibly expect that the loss of 10-15% of our members all in a particular age group wouldn't have a significant effect? We are still coming to grips with this as a community. I find fewer threads and posts that demand my immediate attention. Its not that our threads have gone bad but at least for me, the sense of need is reduced. I'm hoping I will find a new "normal" here. I'm trying my best not to be negative but it's hard when such a fundamental pillar of my motivation to engage has been removed.
    Even after that some older members left in part or fully due to the under 18 year old ban. I had a text conversation with Faliko and he seemed to have closed his account in part due to it and then theres that other member from 2008 that left.

I want to stick around on adisc (need that 10,000th post mark!) and recently there have been topics I feel I can engage in. But I feel theres been a massive influx of posts and styles I simply don't care for at all.

Oh no, it hasn't changed at all! Except for all the teens being banned!

It seems to me the site took a big hit in post count after the teens left. It may only have been 10-15% of members but I think they accounted for a much higher proportion of posts. Despite that, I don't see the quality as having dropped significantly. I'm still reading around the same number of posts each day even if there are less of them. That presumably means most of the topics posted by that section of members didn't usually interest me for whatever reasons.

I certainly haven't noticed "ADISC going down the pan" as was foretold by a bunch of people when the teens left. I would like to see some post statistics though.

Cherub

If anything I've been more involved in the forums. I haven't noticed any quality reduction in the forums. In fact, in times past, whever I felt a tinge of unwelcomeness, it was usuallly from the younger members. I feel more at ease in the forums now actually.

I guess in short, things come and go. I've been on different AB/DL websites and forums before, and they all had at least one thing in common. They all had their golden hay day. Things change. Sometimes it's not always fair. But I've learned over the years to enjoy what is here and now. And right now that is ADISC. Why be in such a haste to tear down a good thing? Because of a change in rules? Hang around and see what the future holds.

I noticed that there's a lot less interesting threads lately, but I think that can be related to the banning of teens. There's not many interesting threads. Since I really try to stay within the Mature section, finding threads is getting harder and harder to do.