Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Flying Diapered

Default Flying Diapered

Ok what is the Likely hood of them searching through my carry-on Bag with diapers in it.... I will be flying from McAllen Tx to Syracuse NY in October and am going to wear diapers on the flight and my Mom and Stepdad are going to be taking me to the airport but are staying down here because I am moving to NY and like I said was wondering how likely it is that they will search my carry-on and if they do will they search it behind a partition or out in the open? As I don't want my parents to see the diapers.

I plan on taking ABU SDK's with me

- - - Updated - - -

I am a little Incon(urinary) I do leak a little bit during the day and I wet the bed a little bit at night every great once and awhile and my parents don't know about my ABDLism or my slight incon

they shouldnt search your bag unless they have reason to believe that you are hiding something and if they do, i believe you can request to have it searched in private. I'll check on this in the morning with my dad. He's a pilot for american eagle so he should know the security routines

You can request a private room if they need to remove stuff from your bag. But the likely hood of that happening is very slim. The most they will do is open your bag and swab it to look for explosive residue. They don't need to remove the contents to do this.

Zpeed

Unless you carry anything that looks like a weapon or liquid in bags you should be fine

Quote Originally Posted by dypers4life View Post
    Ok what is the Likely hood of them searching through my carry-on Bag with diapers in it.... I will be flying from McAllen Tx to Syracuse NY in October and am going to wear diapers on the flight and my Mom and Stepdad are going to be taking me to the airport but are staying down here because I am moving to NY and like I said was wondering how likely it is that they will search my carry-on and if they do will they search it behind a partition or out in the open? As I don't want my parents to see the diapers.

I plan on taking ABU SDK's with me

- - - Updated - - -

I am a little Incon(urinary) I do leak a little bit during the day and I wet the bed a little bit at night every great once and awhile and my parents don't know about my ABDLism or my slight incon
    Dypers4life,

There have been a number of similar posts about this topic. I think this is because it is a common question that many people might experience and have concerns over. I for one would not encourage it, unless you think there might be a chance of leaking, then by all means, do not hesitate to use some sort of protection. I had a horrifying experience of being "caught" wearing diapers while going through screening and it was a very embarrassing experience. However, I had worn diapers many times before while flying and this didn't previously happen. But the experience I had when I was searched was enough to convince me it wasn't worth wearing while flying for numerous reasons.

You might want to review the links on this thread: http://www.adisc.org/forum/diaper-ta...s-plane-6.html

I had a few posts on that thread, and I think it got a little carried away. However, looking back, I think there is some good advice on both sides of the issue.

Good luck in your decision, but I do caution you to be prepared for an explanation in case you do happen to get searched personally. I don't think diapers in your luggage will be a question, but rather if you are wearing a diaper and it there may not be a visible reason why you are doing so, it could raise some suspicion. This happened to me.

If you are not willing to accept the possibility of being questioned in front of your parents, then I suggest simply not wearing them until after your flight. Just having them in your luggage, carry-on or not, is probably not a problem, but remember it IS A POSSIBILITY that it could be searched, even just because you are the unlucky random search recipient. Odds are in your favor this won't happen, but it is something to consider.

Good luck and happy flying!

don't appear to be a

I have flown with diapers in my bag many times and have never had anyone check it. If your airport is like ours, your parents won't be able to get close enough to the screening area anyways to have to worry about that.

I have had my bag checked many times when I go to Disney World or when I go to baseball games or concerts. When the screeners have me open up my bag, they just normally wave me through and don't dig into it. One time at one of the Disney parks the screener made a comment like, "Where's the baby" and I just said, "Those are bigger than for a baby" and just left it at that. Never have had any other problems as there are many people that have to carry them for need and the screeners have do idea that is not the case with you. Just act natural and don't act nervous and you won't have a problem.

The important advice here is that the diapers should not cause a problem at the security check, but if you carry anything that is not permitted or appears suspicious it has a good chance of triggering a search. Just make sure you know what you have packed and that it is not on the list of items that are not allowed and you should have no trouble.

Sometimes people have problems using the bathroom on airplanes - this could be due to the air pressure differences, shy bladder and a very small bathroom shared by a few hundred other people, and/or difficulties using toilets that are moving.

This, unfortunately, does not negate your *need* to go, just your physical ability to do so. Trying to run water in the little sink won't necessarily help. Depending on the length of the flight, how long you can normally go between bathroom breaks while on land, your ability to pass up the offered drinks in the very dry cabin air on the plane despite being thirsty, and the proximity of the airport bathrooms (and line length when at your destination) this can cause anything from discomfort to an incredibly embarassing and messy situation.

Relative to most people I know, I've got a bit of an iron bladder, trained by years of avoidance of nasty school bathrooms used by children apparently unfamiliar with the concept of indoor plumbing. The longest I've made it was 14 hours, and I don't think I'd want to risk that again unprotected. Airport screeners have probably seen it before. But then again, there's a high turnover rate in that job. If they ask, explain the above, and mention flight delays, since it's not an extremely long flight.

It's not that long a flight, you shouldn't need more than one in your carryon...? Unless all you're taking is carryon luggage, which unfortunately increases your chances of being randomly selected to have them fling your underwear all across the screening table in full view of everyone else on your flight. (thanks, Kansas City!) But this was past the security checkpoint, so your parents wouldn't be seeing the stuff. In checked luggage, maybe stuff the package in a pillowcase or something.

FYI - I've had them discovered by TSA agents during two different hand search incidents. In one incident, they left them in the bag and in another they pulled them out of the bag in front of everyone. That said, they've never questioned me about them and I've never been questioned about wearing them through airport security.

I don't plan on wearing the the checkpoint I plan on having 2 maaaaaaybe 3 diapers in my carryon and changing into one after I get through the checkpoint