Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What!!!!

Default What!!!!

Ok you know that post I made about me thInking of telling my parents?

Well I was talking to my mom today about childhood stuff, and led to the topic of me being into diapers when I was a kid. And she a said that it was funny and grow. Then I said that I liked it and stuff, then she said ok then I'll buy depends for you on your birthday and laugh a bit.

I know it sounds like she not on board on this, but hey theres still hope with my mom.
    Its a working progress

wow, well that is pretty funny that she would joke along with that, probably a helpful sign too, if any. I wouldn't say it is a good indicator that she is on board with it, but i would say you are better off with you mom about this than i am. So the conversation never went further than that huh?

That was kind of funny in a joking way. Maybe as time goes on it will get better. Hopefully it does. Now see if she buys the Depends.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyger View Post
    wow, well that is pretty funny that she would joke along with that, probably a helpful sign too, if any. I wouldn't say it is a good indicator that she is on board with it, but i would say you are better off with you mom about this than i am. So the conversation never went further than that huh?
    Well I said I wish I was wearing diapers. Then she made the birthday joke. She also said its weird of me to wear a diaper and pee in them. I said there not weird, there just a kind of underwear that you can hold your pee and stuff. She said that we all have to grow up in life. I said that's true we all need to grow up and be mature adults knowing what's right and wrong, and what's good and evil And take some responsablity in life, but we can still be young at heart.

She also said that I'm the only kid that she's proud of, that I am her rock and her foundation ( besides God) that I'm the only one that she can rely on. She actually started crying when she was saying that
    So I'll that that as a big plus

You have some great points. It really is a great thing to be young at heart and I love that you used this in your explanation to your mom.

Some positive juvenile attributes in society and even religion might include being young at hear, being childlike, fostering the inner child, and much more. Yet nine of this is typically attached to the AB/DL world in the mind of the outsider. They hear the word diaper and this is where there brain either goes wild, or closes the gates completely.

The reality is that these important personal attributes are very much a part of who I am, who its of us are.

When we build a house, or any building for that matter, we start with the foundation the proceed upward. Forever that foundation remains the most important part of the house. When we build a person we start with the foundation, which is his childhood, then we proceed upward through adolescence and eventually through adulthood. Why then is is to wrong to celebrate that very most important part of our lives, our foundation, our childhood.

There should be no shame in having a strong foundation. We should celebrate and embrace those all so critical parts of life that make us who we become.

If we could just get people to see that having a little side should be celebrated and appreciated, not shunned and humiliated. That not acting ones age really is not that big of a deal. That embracing ones childhood and allowing oneself to regress are very powerful tools in keeping self grounded and happy.

Countdown

er, have you considered that she didn't take you seriously at all & was just jokin around??? that is the vibe i got from your post...

this is a pretty serious subject matter (not very funny) & most people are not aware that such a thing exists... "liking diapers? wait, what? what the hell??? "... if you really want to tell your mom (& i highly encourage you not to!!!) you should probably sit down with her & prepare with the ol' "mom, I need to tell you something important"... not crack a few jokes with her bout it...

Cherub

Quote Originally Posted by Countdown View Post
    if you really want to tell your mom (& i highly encourage you not to!!!) you should probably sit down with her & prepare with the ol' "mom, I need to tell you something important"... not crack a few jokes with her bout it...
    I agree with this in that a serious conversation is likely the most successful route to take when one goes to inform another of their fondness for diapers or involvement in AB/DL. However, a humorous conversation like the one the OP told us, is also very useful in 'testing the waters' in preparing for that important ol' "mom, I need to tell you something important"conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter View Post
    Well I said I wish I was wearing diapers. Then she made the birthday joke. She also said its weird of me to wear a diaper and pee in them. I said there not weird, there just a kind of underwear that you can hold your pee and stuff. She said that we all have to grow up in life. I said that's true we all need to grow up and be mature adults knowing what's right and wrong, and what's good and evil And take some responsablity in life, but we can still be young at heart.

She also said that I'm the only kid that she's proud of, that I am her rock and her foundation ( besides God) that I'm the only one that she can rely on. She actually started crying when she was saying that
    So I'll that that as a big plus
    wow, ok. well that is a pretty cool conversation.

uh oh, are we gonna and up with another concerned mother on the board?

Quote Originally Posted by bebehuey View Post
    uh oh, are we gonna and up with another concerned mother on the board?
    Hey, if they are willing to show up on the board and talk to people that are into this, i would say that is a good thing, because they are open enough to get info from the source rather than assumption or a bunch of garbage from mainstream media.