Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: UFOs and Aliens- Fact or Fiction?

Default UFOs and Aliens- Fact or Fiction?

Yep, this is the follow up to my ghost thread..

So, show of hands- who believes that we are not alone?

I am pretty convinced of the existance of aliens. They MUST exist in order for the Universe to make any senses at all. The Government isn't fooling anyone as far as I am concerned. Here they are tryign to tell us, that in all those stars and planets we won't reach for another couple hundred years, there is NO life? Come on.. you expect us to believe that? Yet, NASA contradicts them, by sending signals and crap across the Universe? Obviously, you must know of sopme life, why else would they bother doing that?

Not to mention the overwhelming evidence that there is aliens, and that we are visited by them in the form of flying saucers, or other space craft. I'm not even talking about Roswell either.. I'm tlaking about the undisclosed documents in existance, thousands of eyewitness trestimonies, and other incidents that have occured. Like Kecksberg. I think it's pretty clear what happened there.. Why else, would Men in Black be there, and why else would civilians be held at gun point by agents? An asteriod crashed, and glowed blue for several hours? A likely story..

What about the incident that happened in my own state a few weeks ago? Allenville? I've seen the video about 50 times, and there is no astronomical, or earthly explanation for that.. The lights were changign shape, and movinf in three dimensional patterns. One would go behinsd the other, etc. Many lights would vanish completely, and then reappear later in another place.
    The government hasn't even said anything about it yet.. Hmm, most suspicious, says me.. :suspicious:

I'm sure some of these stories can be explained.. but some simply cannot, and the government needs to share knowledge about it all. I don't think every incident is a UFO or aliens, there are some whackos out there, after all, but the evidence simply can't be denied..

I don't believe that aliens have ever visited Earth, I think we'd know about it! And I don't think the government could cover up stuff like that.

But I think it's reasonable to believe that other life exists. The universe is just so big, there's a good chance that the perfect conditions for life to develop are repeated. Maybe even intelligent life is out there...
    But I don't think we'll be seeing aliens for a long time, if ever.

It seems very unlikely to me that, in the whole universe, we are the *only* planet capable of sustaining sentient life. So unlikely, in fact, that I think we can safely rule out the possibility that we are the only planet on which life evolved.

Based on that, I would say that alien life definitely does exist. The odds of us being the only planet capable of supporting the evolution of life are so small that I feel we simply have to assume alien life is out there. To do otherwise flies in the face of the odds.

That isn't a really interesting question, though, because it is so easily settled.

The interesting questions are :
    (1) Are there any intelligent aliens within a reasonable distance of us?
    (2) If there are, would they be interested in talking to us?
    (3) How would we treat each other?

As to those questions... frankly I don't know.

There probably is clear evidence, like Technology. We can't be sure what is really our own creations, and what isn't anymore, as our govt. covers that stuff up.(there are supposed unclassifed documents you can read on this.)

But I'm not really sure how the world would react if we found out aliens did exist. Shock? Maybe- but I think deep down people will know that they have always suspected it. I think it more likely, that there would be Anarchy towards the government, for lying or all these years. The way I see it, there are a few ways we can know aliens exist for sure:

1.)They come down, and let everyone know they exist.
    2.)They attack, and we have a War of the Worlds type of situation.
    3.)They answer our signals, and send one back to us.
    4.)Our technology advances far enough so that we can travel all the way across the Universe.
    5.)The government speaks up.

None of which are likely any time soon.

I wonder how many other races in other galaxies so far off are at the same point in their evolution, trying to reach out but not knowing where exactly to look? Who knows, perhaps one day, we could be the aliens someone's been waiting to discover!

My beliefs are that other intelligent races would likely look similar to us. I'm not anticipating gray aliens or anything of the sort, but humanistic-looking people with a similar mental growth and a similar ability to express themselves. I believe the way that we look and the way that we act and function are specifically oriented to our distance from the Sun and our placement in the rest of our system, and if it requires almost similar environments to sustain life, then these "aliens" would be much the same as us.

I've never witnessed any peculiar sightings, but I'm damned sure -- because the mathematics are far too widespread to assume any different -- that we're not the only ones out here.

EmeraldsAndLime

Like Moo said, with the countless planets and galaxies out there, I find it highly doubtful that we are the only planet to support intelligent life.

we dont support inteligent life look what were doing to this planet thats not intelligent but i have to agree with u there has to be more than us out there

EmeraldsAndLime

Quote Originally Posted by babymikey View Post
    we dont support inteligent life look what were doing to this planet thats not intelligent but i have to agree with u there has to be more than us out there
    Intelligent life: Regards to the fact we have consciousness, that we realise our own existence, life and spiritualism. That we are alive and that we will eventually die.

But yes what you've said it also true.

i have something thats fun to think about. lets say that tones of other galaxies have intelegent life, but we are the most intelegent. lets say we are the first to visit another planet. what do you think we would find and how do you think they will react?

Quote Originally Posted by link View Post
    i have something thats fun to think about. lets say that tones of other galaxies have intelegent life, but we are the most intelegent. lets say we are the first to visit another planet. what do you think we would find and how do you think they will react?
    Actually that is the precedent of the entire universe my Science fiction stories are based on. I have some good ones in the works, keep an eye out for them.

As for life existing elsewhere, Of course it does. Intelligent life is still likely, but less so than life in general. Take Earth for example. It would have been incredibly easy for intelligent life (Humans) not to evolve. It took a lot of luck for this, which other planets might not have.
    Last edited by BromeTeks; 16-Feb-2008 at 01:25.