Thread: The Same Questions...But never good enough answers

Default The Same Questions...But never good enough answers

What diaper is the best?

Cloth or plastic?

Which is more economical? Babyish? Absorbant? Comfortable?

What's your best diaper experience?

What diaper can I buy at X

What X can I get X

Etc. Etc.

These are important questions regarding our "quirk," but here's a new question

Does anyone ever feel that the answers are inadaquate? Not as good as they sound in text? I have asked the question "What diaper should I get, " a million times and yet I am never fully content with the answer.

Maybe I'm afraid to actually venture out and risk getting a bad batch?

I mean diapers are something I do not want to screw up on.

Bu does anyone else feel like despite the same questions and different answers, they are never fully satisfied? Or am I alone in this dilima?

The reason the questions don't get answered well, and seem inadequate for you... is because you're not the one answering the question.

Meaning, all of those questions are relative, personality and individual specific.

It just sounds like you need to get rid of this lack of experience and go dabble with diapers, and have some fun, or just fufilling, experiences. Because if you look for the answers others give from their experiences as your right answer, you'll never be content because there's more than one answer, and because those people aren't you =/

Quote Originally Posted by Tafshin View Post
    The reason the questions don't get answered well, and seem inadequate for you... is because you're not the one answering the question.

Meaning, all of those questions are relative, personality and individual specific.

It just sounds like you need to get rid of this lack of experience and go dabble with diapers, and have some fun, or just fufilling, experiences. Because if you look for the answers others give from their experiences as your right answer, you'll never be content because there's more than one answer, and because those people aren't you =/
    AYE!!!!

Eureka!!! A smartsy person!!!!!!!11

i just ah didn't want to waste money on pullup products or bad diapers.....

but me thinks you'z be right

Quote Originally Posted by tbjay View Post
    AYE!!!!

Eureka!!! A smartsy person!!!!!!!11

i just ah didn't want to waste money on pullup products or bad diapers.....

but me thinks you'z be right
    Also, I recommend going to the Wiki, because they might have the pros and cons of different diaper types and brands there. Also. Adult Diaper Review and Testing
    That link is a good place to get started with research, if you haven't been there already.

And honestly, I've had to do some trial and error on some diaper products myself. There were some that didn't work well for some people, but because of my bathroom using patterns and body type, didn't bother me. So good luck to you =P

TBJay,

I share your sentiments. Each diaper review leaves questions unanswered.

Each time I hear that someone can wet a diaper X times, I wonder how that compares to me. Most times, I assume X/2 = me. I have heard several reviews of diapers good enough for overnight use that I do not trust for overnight use. For example, the Tranquility ATN diaper is a popular choice in the US. Several people have stated that they can wet one 3 or more times. When I get out of bed wearing one, it requires changing.

Another problem with diaper review is the fit and size. I have a 34 inch waist at 6 feet tall. Diapers that most people find comfortable at that waist size are too short for me. Often times, the lower tapes are at the extreme end of their range when I try to wear one. The best I can usually get from here is a general guideline. If a 5'6" person enjoys the waist height, I may not.

The styles that work well for me don't match most other people's favorites. My usual diaper is the Tena Flex Fit. Those who have tried them on this site have hated them. The size 12 fits me fairly well and does not leak easily. The size 16 fits much better even though it is intended for waists larger than mine. This diaper has no real sides, just a waist belt that the front Velcros to. If I had read the reviews here before trying them, I would not have purchased a case. The last purchase was 3 cases in this style.

The cloth vs disposable debate shall never end. For than matter, I cannot choose just one type to use. For home use, cloth is best. For public use, disposable is easier to hide and more convenient.

In the end, all of the discussion about diapers here is only good enough to help you choose. The best that you can hope for is a more informed decision. The final decision is yours. To truly get your answer, you must go out and try them for yourself.

Good luck getting the correct ones for you.

all brands have pros and cons, but in my opinion diapers are never a waste of money.

choose a brand that you've heard good things about and order a pack. maybe they won't be the most perfect diapers you could ever buy, and maybe you'll discover another brand later on that works better for you. but that doesn't mean you've wasted your money, or that you won't enjoy the ones you bought.

Peachy

The reason why there are so many different types, brands and sizes of diapers is quite simply that everyone has different preferences, a different shape and size and different needs in terms of their incontinence.
    People who just dribble or can't make it to the bathroom in time without leaking a bit of urine will go for pull-ups because they can easily be removed when the person can use the bathroom normally, they leave more room for the skin to breathe (and thus cause fewer rashes), and they don't look or sound like diapers. People who are full-fledged incontinent, need different - thicker and more reliable - products. Obviously, people who wear for fun or AB interests want yet a different thing.

So as Tafshin said: Try different diapers yourself. It's the only way to determine which diaper is best for you. I'm willing to bet that it's not my favorite diaper!
    And if you don't want pull-ups, don't buy any.

Peachy