Thread: New Stage

Default New Stage

I have had continence issues for several years and for over a year have worn diapers 24/7, during this time I have always tried to use the toilet when I can. Recently I have been using my diaper more and more. Over the last two days I have not managed to reach the toilet on time at all and have ended up using my diaper. I either feel a massive urge to pee and then wet myself very shortly afterwards, or what is happening more often, I feel nothing until the pee starts to flow. I also find I am peeing more frequently , but in smaller amounts. I know I now really incontinent and presume that at some point all my urgency will go and I will just pee small amounts all the time like a baby.

Your experience is similar in some respects to mine. I became incontinent as a result of a surgical misadventure when I was 14 years old. As the result of fanatical devotion to doing Kegel exercises, I got to the point where I could usually do without a daytime diaper by the time I went away to university. However, I still had to be careful and had occasional accidents if I wasn't able to get to the toilet when the need arose. As I got older, the accidents became more frequent; and I went back to wearing 24/7 about 25 years ago. At first, I still tried to use the toilet as much as possible and often got through the day with a dry diaper. But the frequency of my urge incontinence gradually increased. When I got to the point of not making it to the toilet in time about 50 percent to the time, I realized that it wasn't worth the effort to try and decided to just use my diaper for urination. As a result, I've gotten to the point that sometimes I don't really feel an urge and just wet myself automatically. In fact, I sometimes don't realize that I've been wetting myself until I notice that my diaper has nearly reached the saturation point.

Quote Originally Posted by jamie72 View Post
    I have had continence issues for several years and for over a year have worn diapers 24/7, during this time I have always tried to use the toilet when I can. Recently I have been using my diaper more and more. Over the last two days I have not managed to reach the toilet on time at all and have ended up using my diaper. I either feel a massive urge to pee and then wet myself very shortly afterwards, or what is happening more often, I feel nothing until the pee starts to flow. I also find I am peeing more frequently , but in smaller amounts. I know I now really incontinent and presume that at some point all my urgency will go and I will just pee small amounts all the time like a baby.

I feel I'm in the same boat as you. I've been wearing 24/7 since last spring. I don't feel untill it's happening until it's going into my diaper. Also I go more often and less volume during the day.
    I haven't changed my liquid intake hardly at all during the day. I might increase my water intake a little during hot weather. I do find that my volume at night is a lot more. My overnight diaper is fully soaked come morning. I also know during the cold weather my diaper useage has gone up to sometimes 4 a day. I'm now trying cloth during the the day to help with costs.

I'm usually pretty active during the day, what has become a problem for me is, with diabetes, that I dehydrate very easily, when I'm standing, urine just dribbles out uncontrolled, and I dont notice until my diaper is full, when dehydrated, it burns. when really dehydrated, the pain becomes incapacitating. I find that I have to drink more than I used to in the middle of the day.
    at least when sitting or laying down, the dribble stops, and I can usually tell when I have to go, I just cant make it to the toilet anymore.

cer600

Quote Originally Posted by jamie72 View Post
    Congrats, I gave up after no chance to my bedwetting after 25 years

I think it is important to maximize the control you still have left and when at home I try to wear ordinary underwear as much as possible - certainly when it is just my wife and I in the house, not at all if we have guests. I have had limited success trying to use a toilet when in a diaper because although I can get my **** out it often is already spraying and I end up making a mess of myself or the bathroom. Still it is worth the effort - and the extra laundry - if you can win back some improvement.

When I go to the toilet I always pull my trousers and diaper completely down so I can pee without making a mess. I do try to go to the toilet and every so often i try to go back to wearing regular pants, however within a very short period I have peed myself. I think I am past the point of no return. Most days I only manage to pee in the toilet when I have a number two.

That constant wet spot isnt fun at all, i hate it and im always dribbling too. If that isnt bad enough im also fearful that if im not in a diaper then some record setting bad accident is soon to come, and if i do wear one then im gonna run out. i cant win because i have fear on both sides, maybe my own thoughts give me more fear than the reality of incontinence itself

Default Re: New Stage

I wouldn't be able to not wear, I don't get told by my body that I need to pee until I am fit to bursting, and as I am severely mobility restricted, by the time I manage to sit on my stairlift to go upstairs, it's as if my bladder thinks I am sitting on the toilet and it just gushes out, no speed control and definitely no holding control.

The only way I can "kind of control flow" is by wriggling to get to a point that I'm squishing my "you know what" (of a female nature) so that it goes straight into the pad and not gushing out so fast it doesn't have time to soak into the pad and so leaks out the sides. TMI? Sorry! :P

If I end up leaking whilst standing up, I get in a right mess.

My dearest other half likened my "number one" toilet habits to that of a cow! Pmsl *blush*

I understand about it being impossible not to wear - but you are putting up with a lot and what you say poses the question "Are you buying/being provided with the right kind of protection?" People with limited mobility need high capacity pads and quality counts. I think your other half might have been exaggerating (if only slightly!) as cows produce 6-8 gallons of urine a day!

I don't know if it helps but as a man with not very big male bits I can fill a diaper in a burst and produce anything between 1.2-1.7 litres without significant leaks. It wasn't always so and I had to try lots of different diapers before getting ones I could trust. Although we are talking about fast bladder emptying sometimes overnight (and i know this isn't your problem - be grateful for that!) the pad has slightly over 2 litres and holds pretty well.

Hope you get sorted.