Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: medium or large diaper

Default medium or large diaper

So i know my waist size, but i didnt take in account my my hip size... i been wearing medium Abi and medium molicares...

tho here is what i was wondering.......>
    d0 the larges have wider sizes like where the tape comes up and around the wasit and hip - for abetter fit... i am wondering if a large would fit me better or would it be 2 loose...

I tried large assurance and a few others, when I couldn't get plastic covered mediums, and I cut the plastic material to fit better, there is more to work with on the large, the waste will come higher than the medium.

you can coustomize if you find there too big, so buy a pack and try them, you won't loose any money, and if you like them buy them again.

Dude, if you really wanna know if it's gonna fit YOU better, YOU have to try it for YOURself. Other people most likely aren't gonna be an expert on YOUR hip size, unless you're a very kinky public webcammer...But even then, they still won't know unless you're using some form of perspective...

Buy a sample pack for $6 bucks at XP Medical - Incontinence Supplies, and see for YOURself if a Larger size fits YOU better.

I'm a Medium Abena wearer myself, and I've tried the Large sizes. They're basically the same thing, but bigger (in case you hadn't guessed). I can report, It felt more babyish because the diaper was bigger on me, But I made the decesion to stick with ordering Mediums anyways.

Well see, diapers always fit me awkwardly. I can wear a medium and a large, depending on the brand. But, there is a 10" difference between my waist, and my hips, the diapers end up going on like this: http://i37.tinypic.com/2rf9c8y.gif

Instead of this:
    http://i35.tinypic.com/1j40ts.gif

Basically, those two top tapes don't just go on around normally, they have to be pointed down, to try and get the diaper to fit my waist, as well as my hips.

Mind you thats with the large.

The mediums seem to fit better, because they don't come up high enough to reach my waist (well they do reach my waist, but not as high as the larges), but they still fit fine.

Default small/medium

I wear small/medium depends, cause i can never find anything better at stores.

DiaperedFox

EmeraldsAndLime

Keep in mind the Large sizes will be longer as well, meaning they'll rise up higher. So if you step up to the Large size to make it fit around your hips better, you'll more than likely be doing up around your upper-waist anyway, which would be an awkward fit.

Choosing between a medium or large depends upon the brand and how high they go. For Depends, the larges fit me better and do not go up very high. Attends larges go up much higher and do not fit right unless they are the 6 tape ones with the waistband. Tranquility ATN is another diaper that is really tall as a large. For this one, I never can remember which one is better.

As for a brand you are actually inquiring about, Molicare Super Plus in Large come up to the lower portion of my rib cage. At this height, the uper tapes are almost touching while going around a 34.5 circumference. My hips are 42 inches, my waist is 34, and my height is 72 inches. Best of luck figuring out how they would fit on you. The mediums tape just under the top of my hip bones. I usually have both sizes of these on hand, depending upon mood. I only purchase the Molicare Supers in medium. A diaper that tall just isn't right without the extra thick padding. Unfortunately, I have not tried the Abi brand, but will purchase both sizes when I do.

The only real way to know for sure is to purchase a few to try out yourself. The fit not only depends upon waist and hips, it also depends upon shape and height. I hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by diapeybabybrian View Post
    Dude, if you really wanna know if it's gonna fit YOU better, YOU have to try it for YOURself. Other people most likely aren't gonna be an expert on YOUR hip size, unless you're a very kinky public webcammer...But even then, they still won't know unless you're using some form of perspective...

Buy a sample pack for $6 bucks at XP Medical - Incontinence Supplies, and see for YOURself if a Larger size fits YOU better.

I'm a Medium Abena wearer myself, and I've tried the Large sizes. They're basically the same thing, but bigger (in case you hadn't guessed). I can report, It felt more babyish because the diaper was bigger on me, But I made the decesion to stick with ordering Mediums anyways.
    It really does just come down to your own personel preferances, just like Brian said. So, like he said, just get a sample pack, and if it works out better, great, if not, well, youve learned something and you still got an extra diaper or two.

Large diapers also are more absorbant than mediums and mediums are more absorbant than small. This is because the padding is longer and wider between they leg, so there is more surface area to absorb. I have a 29 inch waist, maybe 29.5, so medium abena is really a bit too big fo my liking, so I get the small x-plus abena, they absorb a lot still and fit really good on me. Nice and snug, is how I like my diapers.

EmeraldsAndLime

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
    Large diapers also are more absorbant than mediums and mediums are more absorbant than small. This is because the padding is longer and wider between they leg, so there is more surface area to absorb. I have a 29 inch waist, maybe 29.5, so medium abena is really a bit too big fo my liking, so I get the small x-plus abena, they absorb a lot still and fit really good on me. Nice and snug, is how I like my diapers.
    That's been my problem lately... it's just come to light that I could quite easily fit into a small. The only reason I've been getting mediums is that every other article of clothing I wear is about middle/medium/"average" size. But adult diapers are strange like that, the mediums sit a little high for me, they aren't too snug at all and - if I sucked in my gut a bit - I could get the top tapes to overlap.

I don't care too much for absorbency as I rarely (if ever) flood out diapers to capacity anyway. Besides, if I get some high-end diapers, it's a given they'll be quite absorbent.