View Poll Results: Do you believe in ghosts / the Paranormal?

Voters
104. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

36 34.62%
  • No

43 41.35%
  • Maybe

21 20.19%
  • I don't know

4 3.85%
Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you believe in ghosts / the Paranormal?

Default Do you believe in ghosts / the Paranormal?

I know this topic has been covered a few times, but I wanted to revive the topic since the other threads are closed.

I know I believe in ghosts. I've always liked the paranormal. The college I go to is haunted actually. One place that is haunted is the arts center. I have had two experiences there.

The first one happened on Halloween in 2011. I was in the drawing studio at 11:30 pm until like 2 am. I was the only person in the room after midnight. I thought I was hearing something from the room next door the entire time.

The second experience I think had even more of an effect on me. It happened around a similar time. It was the middle of October, the day fall break began. I was in the 3-D art studio room alone. It was the middle of the afternoon, so it was still daylight. I was craving a sculpture I was working on and after a while I thought I heard footsteps go right pass me. I was there until 5:30 and the footsteps continued until I left. A few of my friends have had experiences, too. So, at least I'm not the only one on campus.

So, do you believe in ghosts / the paranormal? Have you ever experienced any paranormal activity?

Butterfly Mage

I think it depends on your definition of "ghost". I think it is possible for a physical location to be imprinted with spiritual energy, sort of like how light can imprint on photographic paper. So when someone thinks they feel that a ghost is present, they're really feeling some sort of residual spiritual energy.

I believe that there are things in our world that Science cannot yet explain, it is my personal belief that some people may linger on our world after their mortal bodies have passed on.

Well I really am not sure if it is really a spirit or not but I believe I hear the floor creek when it shouldn't be (like someone walking) This house was burned down and someone died in the fire. (She even died in the room I sleep at currently.)

I do not. So far as I know there has been no solid evidence of anything paranormal. Odd sounds and expirances that are unexplaned are just that; unexplained. There is no way to tell that ghosts or other such things cause these events.

Nope I would need verifiable evidence first, but if I had that evidence i would have no issue with believing in them.

I have a book about Williamsburg, Va., and in the front of the book are a number of pictures of ghosts which the author took. It's very convincing.

All the older members know my story of bringing a ghost forth using a Ouija board. I'll keep it brief this time. My college roommate and I, during our freshman year, were at home in my parents house. We waited until midnight and used the board. The planchette seemed to be moving without either one of us pushing it. After a number of questions, my friend said,"Well, show yourself, God dammit," and that's exactly what it did. My bedroom was part of the attic in an old cape cod house, and the apparition appeared in the doorway which separated the two rooms. It was a full figure of a ghost, and it floated forward, half through me and completely through him as it turned right and into a side closet/wall of the attic. Half of my body felt cold, and all of him felt cold. We were both scared speechless.

This thing seemed to have the outline of its skeletal frame within the figure. We felt that it was malevolent, and we felt that it had become a part of our lives for months after. When I married years later, and took my wife home for the first time, I still had to sleep with that door closed. Its occurrence always seemed possible.

Quote Originally Posted by BabySweetieBelle View Post
    So, do you believe in ghosts / the paranormal? Have you ever experienced any paranormal activity?
    No I don't, and no I haven't.

Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Nintendorox! View Post
    I believe that there are things in our world that Science cannot yet explain, it is my personal belief that some people may linger on our world after their mortal bodies have passed on.
    I just don't understand how somebody could exist without some body... It's like the smile of the Cheshire Cat existing without the cat itself... Or software that doesn't need hardware to run on... Or a picture that doesn't require ink or paper...

There's plenty of stuff that science cannot yet explain, but isn't the important word there "yet"...? Any valid explanation of anything is, essentially, scientific...