Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bedwetting + long flight

drynyte

Default bedwetting + long flight

I'm planning on a long trip soon (10h flight) where I will probably sleep a bit. I recently started to wet the bed again every night and I'm a bit worried that I might wet during the flight as well.
    If you are a bedwetter as well, do you have similar experience?

Do you wear any protection for your bedwetting?

In that case I would advice to wear for the long flight as well, there's no other solution I guess.
    As I would hate changing in a plane, I choose more absorbent diapers such as Tena Slip Maxi. It's always been like that even when I was a kid, and I really hated wearing such diapers at that time (they could easily be seen and was ashamed of it).

Quote Originally Posted by Mickael75 View Post

In that case I would advice to wear for the long flight as well, there's no other solution I guess.
    As I would hate changing in a plane, I choose more absorbent diapers such as Tena Slip Maxi. It's always been like that even when I was a kid, and I really hated wearing such diapers at that time (they could easily be seen and was ashamed of it).
    How did you mother deal whit it then?

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu View Post
    How did you mother deal whit it then?
    Well, it might be a bit off-topic, but I had no choice but to obey. I was complaining but there were no choice...

drynyte

Quote Originally Posted by Mickael75 View Post

Yes, I use Molicare Super during the night and Mobicare Mobile during the day. I will probably wear the former. Fortunately, as Molicare is a cotton feel, they tend to stretch a bit, allowing it (uncomfortably) to be used as underwear in case you are awake and need to go. This avoids changing in the plane.
    But I'm just curious if other bedwetters tend to wet if they not sleep in a bed (= car or airplane seat) Even if I wear a diaper, wetting in a sitting position is sometimes prone to leaks which I want to avoid at all costs.

H0TWH33LS

I can't believe no one has asked! Where are you going on your trip??? I'm jealous

drynyte

Quote Originally Posted by H0TWH33LS View Post
    I can't believe no one has asked! Where are you going on your trip??? I'm jealous
    Visiting San Francisco from Belgium: quite a long flight

H0TWH33LS

Wow sounds exciting, have fun!

I think the flight time is about 8-9 hours from Belgium to the US. As others have said a good high capacity diaper should be sufficient and as you are only worried about what might happen if you fall asleep a diaper with an easy opening front (to allow normal use of a toilet might be the best option - Tena now sell a high capacity version of the "Tena Flex" pad which works very well for me and does hold a lot if the need arises. I would be wary of cheaper makes because they are never as reliable as the premium brands and you really need to feel confident on a flight. Don't feel ashamed of "trying out" the diaper you choose at home first - it is counter-intuitive but if you have a big leak in one and it survives you will feel much more relaxed and confident using the same sort on the journey.

I wear Dry 24/7 nearly all the time now. I would wear this diaper on an airplane flight, of course, because it works best. The capacity is the largest of all diapers available to me and there hasn't been a leak wearing one in over a year.

When wearing other diaper I took to putting on a terry-cloth lined plastic pant over them. This isn't really necessary with the 27/7's, but on an airplane I'd do it anyhow: peace of mind can be had for a bit of extra protection.

I've changed diapers on an airplane before, waiting until then to change, rather than changing in a public bathroom. There's more privacy, there's complete privacy, in fact. Things are a bit cramped, but it's do-able. Bring extras, of course. Enjoy San Francisco. It's a wonderful town.