Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Was this medical misconduct?

Default Was this medical misconduct?

A few years ago when I was being assessed for my circumcision. I was on the examination table and after hardly looking at the main problem (My foreskin) the doctor just grabbed my balls. I got out of there as fast as I could!

It might be worth mentioning that he was one of those rent-a-docters from india/banglaedsh/etc who spoke bad english. Was what he did misconduct or some sort of cultural difference?

Default Re: Was this medical misconduct?

No idea what kind of condition you have. But during physicals, doctors have grabbed my testicle and asked me to cough. Men and women doctors both have done this to me.

He could of been checking for some kind of condition that relates to the foreskin problem that was caused by or is also could affect your testicles.

Unless he gave you a smile or something that seemed strange, then you had nothing to worry about.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by MrPurple View Post
    It might be worth mentioning that he was one of those rent-a-docters from india/banglaedsh/etc who spoke bad english.
    What exactly does this mean?

Very hard to say without knowing more details. He could have been checking the area overall to ensure that everything else was healthy before going ahead with a surgery. Still, it is the doctors resposability o make sure you are as comfortable as possable, and it's clear you were not. If he was gonig to be grabbing you in a way that was nessicery, but that you were not expecting, it was his job to inform you first and get concent. By this measure it could have been misconduct, and you may have cause to talk to someone about it, perhaps at the clinic or hospital you were seen at.

Quote Originally Posted by MeTaLMaNN1983 View Post
    No idea what kind of condition you have. But during physicals, doctors have grabbed my testicle and asked me to cough. Men and women doctors both have done this to me.

He could of been checking for some kind of condition that relates to the foreskin problem that was caused by or is also could affect your testicles.

Unless he gave you a smile or something that seemed strange, then you had nothing to worry about.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

When a Doctor hold onto your testicles and tells you to cough they are checking to see is you have that condition where your intestines can fall into your ball sack area. i can't remember the name of this condition, but it can be serious, also it can go unnoticed for some time.

When you say 'a few years ago', doctor's often check your balls during/around puberty to make sure they've descended correctly. I seriously doubt he was having a fondle as you would have noticed more than him simply "grabbing" them

Right. it doesn't sound like he was doing anything weird then. I just got the feeling he was treating me like a piece of meat. =/ I'm not sure why I even made a thread on this.

Um....no it was not misconduct. Most docs will check the guys as well to be thorough, as someone mentioned...though perhaps he should have said so.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPurple
    he was one of those rent-a-docters from india/banglaedsh/etc who spoke bad english
    It says you live in England...what? I'm sure he was not.

Not to poke fun at you, but I'm suddenly reminded of this:

Last edited by Geno; 02-Jan-2013 at 16:16.

So....it surprises you that the doctor who has trained for years for this stuff who you went to for a circumcision, touched your balls while assessing what he was dealing with and making plans on how not to screw it up?

Quote Originally Posted by MrPurple View Post
    A few years ago when I was being assessed for my circumcision. I was on the examination table and after hardly looking at the main problem (My foreskin) the doctor just grabbed my balls. I got out of there as fast as I could!

It might be worth mentioning that he was one of those rent-a-docters from india/banglaedsh/etc who spoke bad english. Was what he did misconduct or some sort of cultural difference?
    Being from the USA I guess I'm a little confused. I thought that NHS covered things like problems with your foreskin. Why were you going to a rent-a-doctor?