Thread: Hey there, friendos.

Tickles

Default Hey there, friendos.

Waza. I'm Tickles. I've got a long backstory behind that name. Now before someone goes telling me off on how I shouldn't choose something to easily recognizable, I'll tell you it's nothing anyone knows. Happy? But back to who I am. I'm in my fourth year of college and am close to obtaining a major in computer programming. I'm an avid mountain biker, gamer, and thrill-seeker. I'm a huge alt/indie rock fan. If anyone out here knows Bloc Party, then brohoof to you. Ah, yes, I'm also a brony. It's nothing I'm ashamed of admitting. Thanks for the warm welcome (I hope) and Happy 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Tickles View Post
    Waza. I'm Tickles. I've got a long backstory behind that name. Now before someone goes telling me off on how I shouldn't choose something to easily recognizable, I'll tell you it's nothing anyone knows. Happy? But back to who I am. I'm in my fourth year of college and am close to obtaining a major in computer programming. I'm an avid mountain biker, gamer, and thrill-seeker. I'm a huge alt/indie rock fan. If anyone out here knows Bloc Party, then brohoof to you. Ah, yes, I'm also a brony. It's nothing I'm ashamed of admitting. Thanks for the warm welcome (I hope) and Happy 2013!
    Your name is excellent.

I know Bloc Party. I have never listened to Bloc Party.

There are a lot of computer programmers and bronies here. I am neither.

Welcome.

I hope you see what I did there. Happy New Year to you, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tickles View Post
    I took computer programming in high school and that was tough enough. Couldn't imagine getting a degree in it so good for you! Do you do more console or pc-gaming? I'm more of a console person. I'm also a gigantic fan of indie/alt rock. What are some of your favorite bands?

Tickles

Quote Originally Posted by Evo19 View Post
    I took computer programming in high school and that was tough enough. Couldn't imagine getting a degree in it so good for you! Do you do more console or pc-gaming? I'm more of a console person. I'm also a gigantic fan of indie/alt rock. What are some of your favorite bands?
    I do more PC programming. I grew up with a PC, played my first games on a PC, and wrote my first code on a PC. I first started programming when I was about fourteen, right after the release of Garry's Mod. It really impressed me that a guy like Garry Newman could turn Half-Life 2 into a basically whole new game. So, my first programming was done using the Lua language.

As for music, I'm currently in a U2 and Bloc Party craze. I like to continuously discover bands.

New bands always good to hear, although my modern band knowledge is alright it's still common... Indie wise can't go wrong with kasabian or artic monkeys! Although I have the velvet underground playing now...