Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Opinions needed please on diaper suggestions.

Default Opinions needed please on diaper suggestions.

So I know there are TOOONS of these posts already out there. Sorry.

Okay so I am about a 29-30" waist. Which means I fit into S/M size diapers. What I am needing help with is finding a good absorbent diaper, that doesn't cost you an' arm and a leg.

I live in the US and can either order online or look at local medical supply stores.

What I need from my fellow ADISC members, are:
    1. What product and why?
    2. How absorbent are they?
    3. Where can you get them?
    4. About how much are they?

I am looking for something better than Depends, but I don't need like 24/7s or like the Abena M4s (Even if they are reeeeally nice. :P)

You might consider these:Products - Super Absorbent Adult Briefs, Super absorbent Diaper as they're sort of a compromise. They're certainly better than Depends but not as expensive as Abena or Bambinos. If you can look past the over-hyped website I think you might find that their products are worthwhile. They even have a free sample so you can check the sizing.

If those don't appeal to you, there's always the less extreme Abenas in the 2 or 3 range. I'd recommend XP Medical if you want to give those a try:XP Medical - Abena Abri-Form X-Plus Adult Diapers and they have options in both plastic outer shell and faux cloth covers. Good luck with your decision.
    Last edited by Trevor; 31-Dec-2012 at 14:53. Reason: fixing there/they're...tablet typing is a new world of hassles.

You need to try and order sample packs from different sites and try them out. You can try Attends, Tranquillity, Molicare and others that offer diapers as well as pull-ups.

I find that the wellness tapes make a lot of noise when pulling them loose for the first taping on Briefs. iTS HARD TO DO IT WITH OTHERS IN ROOM NEXT TO MINE WITH OUT BEING HEARD.

Quote Originally Posted by KidFlashed View Post
    So I know there are TOOONS of these posts already out there. Sorry.

Okay so I am about a 29-30" waist. Which means I fit into S/M size diapers. What I am needing help with is finding a good absorbent diaper, that doesn't cost you an' arm and a leg.

I live in the US and can either order online or look at local medical supply stores.

What I need from my fellow ADISC members, are:
    1. What product and why?
    2. How absorbent are they?
    3. Where can you get them?
    4. About how much are they?

I am looking for something better than Depends, but I don't need like 24/7s or like the Abena M4s (Even if they are reeeeally nice. :P)
    I'm 5'6' 135 pounds with about a 30'' waist and I wear Molicare. I buy it online from Bambino, usually. It's my favorite diaper.

H0TWH33LS

Like you I have the same waist size and can only fit into s/m. Have you tried Cushies even though they are medium? I have always liked goodnites $20 but they can be expensive and do not absorb as well as other diapers. I ordered my first pack of Tenas which were the only diaper other than depends I have ever tried and have been impressed.I have always wanted to try pampers size 7 i hear they might fit.

even if you dont think you want them you should re consider the m4s and dry 24/7s you cant go wrong .

- - - Updated - - -

even if you dont think you want them you should re consider the m4s and dry 24/7s you cant go wrong .

24/7s & M-4 are out so my net choice would be Tranquility ATNs. The ATNs have a smooth soft plastic backing, have lots of SAP to absorb quite a bit and become nicely squishy and are reasonably priced at northshorecare.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    You might consider these:Products - Super Absorbent Adult Briefs, Super absorbent Diaper as they're sort of a compromise. there certainly better than Depends but not as expensive as Abena or Bambinos. If you can look past the over-hyped website I think you might find that their products are worthwhile. They even have a free sample so you can check the sizing.

If those don't appeal to you, there's always the less extreme Abenas in the 2 or 3 range. I'd recommend XP Medical if you want to give those a try:XP Medical - Abena Abri-Form X-Plus Adult Diapers and they have options in both plastic outer shell and faux cloth covers. Good luck with your decision.
    What exactly are Bambinos? I have seen them mentioned on the site before. Just never looked into them. Still new to the whole ABDL thing. lol Are the lower Abenas still good? I will look into the wellness briefs ones. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by oleman72 View Post
    You need to try and order sample packs from different sites and try them out. You can try Attends, Tranquillity, Molicare and others that offer diapers as well as pull-ups.
    Are the Tranquility ATN diapers any good? I had a buddy who used to use those at one time, but I never really asked how well they worked.They sound nice in theory. I have never looked into Molicares. How do they compare to some of the other European diapers?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by H0TWH33LS View Post
    Like you I have the same waist size and can only fit into s/m. Have you tried Cushies even though they are medium? I have always liked goodnites $20 but they can be expensive and do not absorb as well as other diapers. I ordered my first pack of Tenas which were the only diaper other than depends I have ever tried and have been impressed.I have always wanted to try pampers size 7 i hear they might fit.
    If you have about the same size waist as I do, the cruisers size 7 will not fit. However, I have yet to try them since they changed to the 3 way fit on them, which I have heard on here that they fit better now. There is always the baby diaper tab extenders article on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Nam Repaid View Post
    24/7s & M-4 are out so my net choice would be Tranquility ATNs. The ATNs have a smooth soft plastic backing, have lots of SAP to absorb quite a bit and become nicely squishy and are reasonably priced at northshorecare.com.
    Do the ATNs work well?

What do you guys think about adult cloth diapers? Now, if I look at this route it will be the diaper pants/all in one diapers, because just like I have told my fiance, I will NOT EVEEEER deal with pins and plastic pants any. EVER! lol

The 24/7s and M4's are great products, but I am looking for more diapers as opposed to being able to absorb the bath tub. :P I mean, I still want a really absorbent product, but I want as many as I can get for my money. Im a poor college student who is only working part time with a fiance. Every dollar counts! lol
    Last edited by TheTapedCrusader; 31-Dec-2012 at 07:51. Reason: Triple post? O///o

You should try Abena S4s (only available in cloth-backed) or Molicare Smalls (plastic backed) from XP Medical since they are fairly absorbent but still not expensive. That said, if you are willing to spend a little more try Tena Slip Maxi Small (plastic-backed) from Bambino diapers. I think I am about your size and the Tena Slip has been the best fit with the least leaking for me. As noted, mediums will probably seem a little too large and not good fitting.