Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A stupid question about plastic pants

Default A stupid question about plastic pants

I recently picked some up and am wondering how they go on. I would assume the elastic part goes against the kin? That sounds logical, but in the package they were the other way, and the tag would be sticking out that way, so I'm kinda torn.

On my solid color pants the tags are out and my printed and snapon pants the tags are in. All of my pants are from Fetware.

Quote Originally Posted by howiebabe View Post
    Look for the seam. It should go on the inside.
    You beat me to it. I was going to edit my post. I just got of my my shower and
    put on my fresh diaper and double checked the seams on my happy daze
    pants and the seams are on the inside. Don't want the seams snagging on your
    jeans or pants whatever your wearing.

You mean the seams where the elastic band is sewn to the vinyl? It just seems like it would be itchy that way or something since it is basically just vinyl with a thread pushed up against the skin.

Edit: I tried wearing them both ways for a few minutes and it is indeed much itchier with the seam on the inside. Having the elastic part on the inside feels more like a cushion against the skin.
    Last edited by someguy26; 30-Dec-2012 at 05:38.

The side seams where the pants are welded together. You don't want the folds to snag on clothing and rip the pants open.

Quote Originally Posted by someguy26 View Post
    I recently picked some up and am wondering how they go on. I would assume the elastic part goes against the kin? That sounds logical, but in the package they were the other way, and the tag would be sticking out that way, so I'm kinda torn.
    Iíve been wearing plastic pants for years and in all honesty have never thought there was an inside or outside to them. When I do differentiate itís based on appearance wearing the smoother side out because thatís the look I prefer. In my opinion whatever works for you is the correct way.

Quote Originally Posted by oleman72 View Post
    The side seams where the pants are welded together. You don't want the folds to snag on clothing and rip the pants open.
    Ah, the seam in the plastic. It doesn't really stick out much. You think it's a big risk of getting snagged?

Quote Originally Posted by WBxx View Post
    I’ve been wearing plastic pants for years and in all honesty have never thought there was an inside or outside to them. When I do differentiate it’s based on appearance wearing the smoother side out because that’s the look I prefer. In my opinion whatever works for you is the correct way.
    OK, thanks. I'll probably just experiment a bit with both.

yeah, i wouldn't worry about it too much; there's such a range of types of construction and materials that trial and error testing is all you can go by.

I wear mine with the smooth part on the outside. Having the seam on the inside does not bother me as I wear training briefs / underwear with them.