Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Two quick (possably obvious) questions.

Default Two quick (possably obvious) questions.

I'm sorry if this has been asked before or seems obvious. I searched and lurked but if I forever lurk I will never post so thought it best to ask .

1. Does ADISC mean/stand for anything?
    2. Do most users understand English British, I.E. nappy/diaper, boot/trunk, Mum/Mom. And which is more socially accepted?

Thanks.

1. What Arli said.
    2. Yes, most people here understand it. Whatever you're comfortable with is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by InTheBackground View Post
    I'm sorry if this has been asked before or seems obvious. I searched and lurked but if I forever lurk I will never post so thought it best to ask .

1. Does ADISC mean/stand for anything?
    2. Do most users understand English British, I.E. nappy/diaper, boot/trunk, Mum/Mom. And which is more socially accepted?

Thanks.
    1. Adult Baby, Diaper Lover and Incontinence Support Community.
    2. Both are equally acceptable and understood.

Ok, thank you both.
    The first had been bugging me for weeks and the second I thought so, I've seen pepole using both and wasn't sure if it is ok as it was never mentioned specifically other than "English".

Quote Originally Posted by InTheBackground View Post
    Ok, thank you both.
    The first had been bugging me for weeks and the second I thought so, I've seen pepole using both and wasn't sure if it is ok as it was never mentioned specifically other than "English".
    You'll find that a lot of British people, myself included, are more comfortable with the word "diaper" than "nappy" anyway.

I thought nappy was meant to be a cute word for diaper. I did not know it was the England English word for it.

I am confused over the boot/trunk thing though. I am wondering if you are even using the right word.

boot> What you wear on your feet.
    boot> A yellow thing that is put on your car by cops because you have unpaid parking tickets or something.
    trunk> the back part of the car
    trunk (slang) > butt
    well there is a ton of things for trunk actually XD but these are the most common ways I hear them used.

Quote Originally Posted by CutePrincess View Post
    I thought nappy was meant to be a cute word for diaper. I did not know it was the England English word for it.

I am confused over the boot/trunk thing though. I am wondering if you are even using the right word.

boot> What you wear on your feet.
    boot> A yellow thing that is put on your car by cops because you have unpaid parking tickets or something.
    trunk> the back part of the car
    trunk (slang) > butt
    well there is a ton of things for trunk actually XD but these are the most common ways I hear them used.
    Boot is the British term for the trunk of a car.

What boots called there then? The two meanings I listed

omg that's so confusing and be overly frustrating for me lol

Quote Originally Posted by CutePrincess View Post
    What boots called there then? The two meanings I listed

omg that's so confusing and be overly frustrating for me lol
    Think your confused now... Across the pond our boots are called "rubbers"...

which in America, might be called Galoshes (a long time ago) and of course...
    then there is the Bonnet!
    the place I work, I've had an Irish lady for a boss.
    never met someone so rude who didn't use foul language in my life
    and a british co-worker, that I actually recruited,
    then there are, of course, the Top Gear guys.

yeah, i've become pretty familiar with British colloquialisms over the years