Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Being told "That is a guy thing"

  1. #1

    Default Being told "That is a guy thing"

    I was not sure the best place to put this since there is only a girl section so I just plopped the question here.

    This statement always irritated me since as long as I could remember and/or first time I heard it. I am not sure exactly why since it had that effect before I knew what transgender was but I feel it might of been one of the things I did to express my rejection of having to be a boy. I also got weird feelings over "Good boy" too.

    Is there anyone proud to do "Guys things"? Just wondering the feelings you feel when being told "that is a guy thing"
    Last edited by CutePrincess; 30-Dec-2012 at 15:43.

  2. #2

    Default

    I'm comfortable in my guy body, doing guy things, if that's what you mean. All my life I've been involved in physical activities. I lifted weights when I was younger, and have spent most of my life going up to northern Canada to fish. I still get out on the bike trail riding my bike, and I'm fairly competitive, trying to keep my speed and endurance up. I make repairs on the house, and have built furniture. Of course many girls do similar things, as the world has changed, and that's fine by me. People should feel comfortable in their body, and do things that make them happy.

  3. #3

    Default

    First of all, my apologies if this is directed at girls or TGs. I race motocross, which is definitely considered a "guy thing". I do know a few girls who race, but it's a male dominated sport for sure. I love football too, both watching and playing.

    I have a friend who's a DL who decided about a year ago that he wants to get M-to-F reassignment surgery. At one point, he tried to talk me into at least considering it, but I couldn't. I may have a few unmanly traits here and there, but when it comes down to it, I'm a guy, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

  4. #4
    Cherub

    Default

    I agree with dogboy. You shouldn't be concerned with the labels people often like to associate with certain activities. If you like doing a particular thing, then do it. For example when I got my first place on my own, I enjoyed bubble baths and nice scented soaps. I didn't care what others thought of it. I'm not much into hunting and sports. But that is how I choose to live and don't care what anyone thinks about it.

  5. #5

    Default

    It was not about doing x activity but more so doing something. (like a simple thing like sitting or the like) .. or having some kind of view then hear someone say "Oh it must be a guy thing." I really hate it. It feels like I am being made fun of. I was just asking how people felt when hearing "Must be a guy thing" when it is directed at you. When it is directed at others as in not me I could care less. I only get the weird feelings when it is directed at me. (Kinda like being told 'good boy' but 'must be a guys thing' is worse for me><)



    Quote Originally Posted by Brickhouse View Post
    First of all, my apologies if this is directed at girls or TGs. I race motocross, which is definitely considered a "guy thing". I do know a few girls who race, but it's a male dominated sport for sure. I love football too, both watching and playing.
    No I explained in my post I wanted guys views not just girls otherwise I would of put it in the LG section lol >.> there is no guy section XD

  6. #6

    Default

    like DogBoy, i too love to ride my bicycle....
    i drive a big black pick-up truck. and when i get the chance, i love to row a boat, and not one of those femme things they use in the Olympics... but a real mans boat. 14 to 16 foot of white-hull built for open water... lol

    if one is Ok with who they are as a person (and heaven knows it has take me a revision or so) then it really doesn't matter what you doing for kicks in my opinion....

  7. #7

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by CutePrincess View Post
    It was not about doing x activity but more so doing something. (like a simple thing like sitting or the like) .. or having some kind of view then hear someone say "Oh it must be a guy thing." I really hate it. It feels like I am being made fun of. I was just asking how people felt when hearing "Must be a guy thing" when it is directed at you. When it is directed at others as in not me I could care less. I only get the weird feelings when it is directed at me. (Kinda like being told 'good boy' but 'must be a guys thing' is worse for me><)
    Do you have any examples of when people have said this to you? I can't recall anyone saying this in conversation off the top of my head.

  8. #8

    Default

    Oh I totally relate to this, I've always really hated hearing "that's such a guy thing" or "hmmph! typical guy." and other generalizatoins like that. When I was younger I hated the thought of being "average", so maybe that was part of it, but as I became more aware of my gender dissonance I started disliking more because I didn't want to be masculine/male.

  9. #9

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Wazzle View Post
    Do you have any examples of when people have said this to you? I can't recall anyone saying this in conversation off the top of my head.
    My mom does it a lot and I think some other family members did it too like my aunt from my dad's side only I do not think she directed at me.

    But I can't remember a specific example of it. Like say my aunt on my mom's side was talking about her son being messy, then my mom would bring up what I do. Then "It must be a guy thing." will be said



    Quote Originally Posted by HeavenlyCreature View Post
    Oh I totally relate to this, I've always really hated hearing "that's such a guy thing" or "hmmph! typical guy." and other generalizatoins like that. When I was younger I hated the thought of being "average", so maybe that was part of it, but as I became more aware of my gender dissonance I started disliking more because I didn't want to be masculine/male.
    Yes exactly! I am sure "we" feel this way but I was wondering what people without our issue felt about it. The only difference with me and you is I did not care if i was viewed as average or not. I am sure I had thoughts of wanting to be average so I would not get picked on.

    But the thing was I hated this before I understood why (Knowing what transgender was), so I was wondering what it could really mean.

  10. #10

    Default

    I think it's fairly common for guys to enjoy a few "girl things" and for girls to enjoy a few "guy things". The reason they get labelled as such is because the vast majority of people that enjoy such activity are of a specific gender, not because it's inherently bad for someone from the other gender to do it.

Similar Threads

  1. The best thing ever just happened omg I told!
    By ClosettedDL in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 07-Oct-2012, 23:57
  2. Replies: 30
    Last Post: 15-Aug-2012, 22:06
  3. getting used to thing
    By cwick in forum Greetings / Introductions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-Oct-2010, 08:45
  4. Im new at this whole thing
    By FSD in forum Greetings / Introductions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 17-Jun-2008, 09:33

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.