Thread: Abena L4 - Weak tapes vs M4?

Question Abena L4 - Weak tapes vs M4?

I am one of those people who's waist size puts me in the "I can wear medium and large - however none really fit right" category.
    I have some M4's and I can pull the tapes good and snug. However if I try this with the L4's the slightest pull on the tapes and they rip off.

Is this a defective lot that I have? Or is this normal?

I have the L4's and suffice to say, I cant go any smaller. When I pretape them (because of my size) I put the tapes in spots that make them really snug and have to pull it over my belly. I have no problems with the tapes popping, or coming off.

no tape problems here. and I'm also at the "medium barely fit, large are baggy" size.

Ok, so it must be the lot that I got.
    because soon as I try to pull the tapes so I can get the diaper sung, the plastic stretches and breaks.

Quote Originally Posted by bambinod View Post
    no tape problems here. and I'm also at the "medium barely fit, large are baggy" size.
    I am in the same boat myself.

I am in the between small and medium boat. I just had a half bag of M4 that had defects with the tapes, making them useless diapers. One of the tapes was undone (the back part of tape) and stuck to part of the diaper, in the same place on all the diapers that had the defect. No amount of manipulation would release the tape from the plastic.
    It is very well possible you have a defective batch, as it seems even high quality diapers are not immune from manufacturing defects.

Quote Originally Posted by Knom View Post
    Ok, so it must be the lot that I got.
    because soon as I try to pull the tapes so I can get the diaper sung, the plastic stretches and breaks.
    When pulling the diaper tight try pulling by the part the tape is attached to and not the tape itself. I had some molicare supers that I could not get to fit right until I did this.

Quote Originally Posted by drnkrdnck View Post
    When pulling the diaper tight try pulling by the part the tape is attached to and not the tape itself. I had some molicare supers that I could not get to fit right until I did this.
    This is how I always pull my tapes tight on any diaper. However the plastic where the tapes are attached pulls apart right in my hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Knom View Post
    This is how I always pull my tapes tight on any diaper. However the plastic where the tapes are attached pulls apart right in my hand.
    Well maybe it is a defective lot. I hope you only bought a bag and not a case of them. I wouldn't throw them away just get some duct tape, good luck.