Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ever had a diaper related conversation come up around family?

Default ever had a diaper related conversation come up around family?

well tonight i had just the thing come up, it was a joking conversation but it was preeety akward on my end. i was talking about waking up a lot last night because i had to use the bathroom and my mother mentioned something about waking up and going and i said if i woke up and immediately went id have some sheets to wash. she jokingly said then that she could get some briefs from the nursing and i wouldent have to worry about it, we all started laughing a bit but i was sweating bullets in the back seat... its like if they only knew...

Argh, been there and it is an awkward situation to be sure.

The only advice I can give is to just roll with it when this happens and try to avoid looking, sounding or seeing out of sorts in any way. I have heard this sort of thing happen in normal circles and it is really just innocent talk. The nay thing that is telling is the behavior of someone who might have an interest, in the case of diapers or wetting, in being diapered.

Personally (and let me know if you guys feel the same way) but whenever diapers even remotely come into a conversation and even when it has absolutely nothing to do with me I still feel this awkward feeling... Even just mentioning diapers to 'normal' people makes me feel heaps awkward. Anybody else get the same feeling?

My family says jokes like that every now and then. Except my mom knows I wear but she doesn't like to talk about it so its like double awkward :/

Well garzilla I was in the back seat of the car and it was dark so I think im ok but it was still really akward

- - - Updated - - -

@madeyouderp I can understand the akwardness, the whole convo came out like that because me and my mom both work at a nursing home where breifs are normal

When you get to my age, every time one of me and my male friends has a birthday, someone brings up the need to wear Depends. As I laugh with the rest of them, I'm also cringing. If they only knew!

Quote Originally Posted by DryNites92 View Post
    Personally (and let me know if you guys feel the same way) but whenever diapers even remotely come into a conversation and even when it has absolutely nothing to do with me I still feel this awkward feeling... Even just mentioning diapers to 'normal' people makes me feel heaps awkward. Anybody else get the same feeling?
    Yea I get that's awkward feeling but I also have learned to think through it, mostly to make sure everything is still ok. This is just one of those things that comes up from time to time. There have been a few times that I have started the conversation just because I know people rarely bring up things that are sensitive, so I use it as a form of misdirection. I will also play into the conversation when someone else starts it, at about the same level as anyone else.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LittleAyria View Post
    Well garzilla I was in the back seat of the car and it was dark so I think im ok but it was still really awkward.
    Yea, I agree that it would still be awkward.

Something to consider is that some people will use these little joking conversations as a test for a variety of reasons. I use such things as a test to see how others react or feel about diapers, and if I suspected someone was into diapers I might even test for this. I know other people do the same thing.

That said, I have to wonder why you made a comment about having to do some laundry. We're you testing the waters? Or did you basically just step into the awkward conversation?

Anyway, I would not worry too much unless you have a reason to believe that someone already knows. Then this might be an opportunity to test your theory.

Coincidentally, I have a relevant story from just tonight. I put on an ATN and sat at my computer for a bit, which is next to the kitchen near the door of my house. I had wet it a good amount and was just about to give it a second good wetting when my sister and her boyfriend came in the door and started talking to me in the kitchen (I wasn't expecting them home so early). This was the first time I had really been wet in front of anyone (unless you count the time I was wearing a Goodnite and really had to go) and my dad called me over to show me something and I decided to let a little squirt out) so I was pretty nervous the whole time. We talked for maybe 15 or 20 minutes, and at one point the subject of nursing homes came up (since she used to work in one and I have experience working with the elderly), and she brought up the subject of adult diapers, and so we talked about what we had to do with them for about a minute. The conversation didn't really bother me. I was just kind of laughing inside throughout that part because of my situation. Eventually I got sick of waiting for them to leave (they were talking about what to eat), so I just got up and walked quickly to the bathroom, hoping not to crinkle or walk too awkwardly as I went.

Quote Originally Posted by someguy26 View Post
    Coincidentally, I have a relevant story from just tonight. I put on an ATN and sat at my computer for a bit, which is next to the kitchen near the door of my house. I had wet it a good amount and was just about to give it a second good wetting when my sister and her boyfriend came in the door and started talking to me in the kitchen (I wasn't expecting them home so early). This was the first time I had really been wet in front of anyone (unless you count the time I was wearing a Goodnite and really had to go) and my dad called me over to show me something and I decided to let a little squirt out) so I was pretty nervous the whole time. We talked for maybe 15 or 20 minutes, and at one point the subject of nursing homes came up (since she used to work in one and I have experience working with the elderly), and she brought up the subject of adult diapers, and so we talked about what we had to do with them for about a minute. The conversation didn't really bother me. I was just kind of laughing inside throughout that part because of my situation. Eventually I got sick of waiting for them to leave (they were talking about what to eat), so I just got up and walked quickly to the bathroom, hoping not to crinkle or walk too awkwardly as I went.
    I have run into,people I know when diapered and I have had people come around when I was diapered as well. I remember one afternoon I was a little sleepy and not feeling well. I decided to put a diaper on, then I put my pants back on and I laid down and took a little nap. A bit later my sister walked into my room, she wanted to talk. So I carefully sat up hoping nothing was showing and that it would not be too noisy.

She sat next to me and we talked for about 45 minutes, all while I am in a very thick and wet Abena under my jeans.

I have had several similar experiences. About the only thing I could do was to remain cool, and it all worked out.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    When you get to my age, every time one of me and my male friends has a birthday, someone brings up the need to wear Depends. As I laugh with the rest of them, I'm also cringing. If they only knew!
    Oh gosh I've been there. And yes, diaper related conversations have always been awkward for me. "Just act natural..."