Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CPAP Users?

Default CPAP Users?

Are there any ADISCers out there who also require CPAP? It'd be great to meet some other people who also live with their CPAP machines!

Update: I've created a group for us CPAP users out there. Feel free to join so we can share experiences and discuss masks / machines. http://www.adisc.org/forum/groups/823-cpap-users.html
    Last edited by DryNites92; 27-Dec-2012 at 15:31.

I also use a CPAP. Mine is set to 14.
    What kind of mask do you use?

Default Re: CPAP Users?

I use an auto bi-flex between 6 and 20. I use a Fisher and paykel 432 full face mask.

I also use a hose cover / snuggle hose to combat rain out due to the warm humid air getting cold and turning back to water and spraying my face.

Sent from my SCH-i705 using Tapatalk 2

I was snoring when I was living in Rhode Island. My g/f at the time suggested (which is a kind way of saying she made me go) I go to my doctor and ask about it. So away I went. Next thing I know Im in the sleep center 3 weeks later all hooked up to the sensors and wires that we all are fond of.

That was in 2009 at some point, and now here it is almost 2013, and I cant reallysleep a night without it. I definitely notice a difference when I sleep with it, and sort of in a round about way, get some rest/nod off without it.

I also have a Fishel and Paykel mask, but its not the full face, which I call the firefighting mask. I have the one that cups over the nose and mouth and rests just under my chin.

If you have problems with head strap/gear hair, I would suggest a hood of some kind. An excellent item I use is from a dance clothing supply store that sells costume hood. Cant tell you how many times I would be getting a haircut and people would ask me, what are these lines in your hair? So, the spandex hood works great.
    Last edited by DONeill73; 26-Dec-2012 at 18:43.

Been on a c-pap since just after my heart attack in 2006 and would not be without it.

Have to admit, I quite love it too. Breathing is so much easier and I wake up feeling full of energy. I can't sleep without my CPAP now! I have two masks which I alternate between - A ResMed Mirage Quattro Full Face (2012 Model) and a Respironics ComfortGell Blue Full Face. My machine is a Weinmann Somnobalance E (APAP) but I have it set to a constant pressure (with exhale assist) of 12. It's a brilliant machine, made in Germany - I just wish it didn't cost a small fortune (even after health refund)... :P By the way, I made a group for us CPAP users: http://www.adisc.org/forum/groups/823-cpap-users.html

Join so we can all share our experiences.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by magus1 View Post
    I also use a CPAP. Mine is set to 14.
    What kind of mask do you use?
    I alternate between a ResMed Mirage Quattro (Full Face) and a Respironics ComfortGell Blue (Full Face) - I'm not a great fan of nasal masks. What about you?

I was prescribed one and did use it for a while. something hapened to the company who provided it, and then my dog used my mask for a chew toy.
    I did get another type of mask but did not like it. So now with out the support to provide the equipment up dates needed its not being used.

Default Re: CPAP Users?

Quote Originally Posted by DONeill73 View Post

I also have a Fishel and Paykel mask, but its not the full face, which I call the firefighting mask. I have the one that cups over the nose and mouth and rests just under my chin.
    That is what they cask a full face mask. There is another one that covers the whole head.

I've also had just the nasal mask, but could not keep my mouth shut so it was useless

Sent from my SCH-i705 using Tapatalk 2