Thread: Thinking of making a Kigurumi

Default Thinking of making a Kigurumi

How hard is it to do? I've heard wildly different opinions on this. From anyone who has made them, I'm assuming it's just a matter of measuring correctly. I'm thinking of making an Umbreon kigu, one without the big stuffed ears and tail, leaving them more limp so as not to get in the way.

I don't want to get in over my head. I have access to a pretty good seamstress, my grandmother, who would be more than willing to help.

Wish me luck.

Merry Christmas.

Making custom clothes is always something I've wanted to do, so I've been asking the few folk I've met who do that sort of thing. From what I gather, a lot of the difficulty isn't so much in the pattern itself but learning to use the sewing machine to stitch effectively.

I would assume for something as common as a kigu that there are patterns out there on the net - a quick Google came up with a Youtube guide to making them; Make a Kigurumi: Part 1 - YouTube

Best of luck! ^.^

Quote Originally Posted by FootieCrinkle View Post
    How hard is it to do? I've heard wildly different opinions on this. From anyone who has made them, I'm assuming it's just a matter of measuring correctly. I'm thinking of making an Umbreon kigu, one without the big stuffed ears and tail, leaving them more limp so as not to get in the way.

I don't want to get in over my head. I have access to a pretty good seamstress, my grandmother, who would be more than willing to help.

Wish me luck.

Merry Christmas.