Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ordering from ABU?

Question Ordering from ABU?

Hey guys and gals,

I'm ordering from ABU for the first time, and was wondering on shipping, etc.

I'm going to use the Fed/Ex Home Delivery Service, and according to:
    Shipping Information @ ABUniverse.com - The Worlds Best AB/DL Superstore

It is going to take 4 days to get to me. Does anyone know the reliability of the above information? Does it usually take a longer or shorter amount of time?

I NEED them to be here sometime between this saturday, and a week from today, and since there is no shipping tomorrow, should I place my order today?

Any general tips?

Thanks,
    -notarealname

Quote Originally Posted by notarealname View Post
    Hey guys and gals,

I'm ordering from ABU for the first time, and was wondering on shipping, etc.

I'm going to use the Fed/Ex Home Delivery Service, and according to:
    Shipping Information @ ABUniverse.com - The Worlds Best AB/DL Superstore

It is going to take 4 days to get to me. Does anyone know the reliability of the above information? Does it usually take a longer or shorter amount of time?

I NEED them to be here sometime between this saturday, and a week from today, and since there is no shipping tomorrow, should I place my order today?

Any general tips?

Thanks,
    -notarealname
    For me, they've always arrived on time. Both when I lived in Seattle, and now that I live in NYC.

I've ordered from them a couple times, and they ship pretty fast and customer service is pleasant to deal with. The second time I ordered from them, the tracking number status on FedEx's website showed my package was delivered. I didn't receive it so I had to contact ABU and they immediately contacted FedEx on my behalf and tracked the package down for me. It was delivered to the wrong address and I was freaking out thinking that it might have been opened. Luckily when I received my order the very next day, it was still sealed tight.

I wouldn't hesitate to order from them again.

There are a lot of really good reasons not to order from ABU, but their ability to use FedEx correctly is not one of them.

I have dealt with them all of twice now, it seems like they do arrive when they are said to arrive. I have timed it at least here in Virginia to be around 7-10 days from coast to coast.

Your shipping times will depend on when you order and where you are located. I have not had an issue with them getting the order out the door quickly, although it is unreasonable to order at the end of the day and expect it to go out the same day. So order earlier in the day.

I had my order shipped within 3 business days, even on a saturday. I can honestly say I'm glad to have ordered from ABU. Squeak! :3

Thanks for the info guys, I ordered them last night, and if my calculations are correct, they will be here Saturday, when my parents (still in High School) aren't home.

Now I just have to worry that they get here too soon (you know, when my whole family will be here, my parents will rip open the box, and my secret will be out).

:3

Quote Originally Posted by notarealname View Post
    Thanks for the info guys, I ordered them last night, and if my calculations are correct, they will be here Saturday, when my parents (still in High School) aren't home.

Now I just have to worry that they get here too soon (you know, when my whole family will be here, my parents will rip open the box, and my secret will be out).

:3
    Well you can take the risk of telling them that you are expecting a package and that you would prefer they not open it. Technically speaking you are an adult and they have no right to open a package that is specifically addressed to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Garzilla View Post
    Well you can take the risk of telling them that you are expecting a package and that you would prefer they not open it. Technically speaking you are an adult and they have no right to open a package that is specifically addressed to you.
    Strict parents, like mine, would say, "You've ordered a package? WHATS INSIDE?"

AKA I don't have any privacy here, except when they are gone and on my tech devices.