Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Grudges :)

Default Grudges :)

Just wondering about how long people have held a grudge or vice versa? I think my personal best is an ex of 4 years ago still hates me because of how selfish I was, nothing too bad just was a teenager at Uni so wanted to hang around with mates

Unfortunately, I hold grudges. A lot. Usually once they're there, they're not going away, and they usually spring up once you wrong me enough to actually hurt me. That being said, I don't get hurt too often, therefore not many people are on that special little list.

yea i used to have a problem with grudges, you just have to realise people that tick you off that badly arent worth your attention.
    You are better than they are for rising above it all and shaking it off

wolfie

If you hurt me I will remember it XD

I am not sure if all cases is a grudge though since sometimes you can learn from them. I am also pretty easy to forgive for the most part.

I really struggle holding grudges so my personal best is about three months.

Lets see I was 4 so it was like 1964, my father, sister and I decided to surprise mom with the best Christmas tree ever when she got home from work. We went the the tree farm and had their best tree cut just for us. When we got home we set it up, decorated it perfectly and waited for mom to get home to see her beautiful surprise. Soon we heard he at the door letting herself in. Mom opened the door, looked at us and then the tree, her face turned red and she started to shake. We knew we were in trouble, just not why as we'd worked so hard to do something nice for her. She wen't into a long rant about how it was the worst tree ever, too skinny, lights uneven, too much tinsel and two ornaments of the same color next to each other. Her rage seamed to go on forever and finally she grabbed the tree still lit up by the base and threw it out the front door tinsel & broken glass littering the way. My sister, 7, and I in tears ran to our rooms , my father as always in mothers rages just stood there like nothing was wrong. A few days later we got another tree with mother and pretended nothing bad ever happened.
    That was 49 years ago and...
    I still do not forgive my mother for being such a bitch.
    I still do not forgive my father for not standing up for us.
    I still do not forgive my father for not realizing getting a tree without mom would piss her off.
    I still do not forgive my sister for pretending we had a happy family life now we've grown up.
    I STILL HATE F'N X-MAS!!!! That was only one of many holiday disasters.

i can relate to that last one sort of. i mean i love my grandparents. but everytime i see them or the y see me they alwas seem to think i want something. it really anoys me. i mean there my grandparents all i want to do is spend time with them for goodness sake. i havent spoke to my grandparents for about 4 mounths now i think. evrytime i ss them they alwas seem to think it and it puts me off from hoing to see them. plus my granddd alwas moans at me about something. its like he loves nothing better than to moan at me like im not worhty to be grandson or something. i hate it. he still treats me like im some sort of child. which im not im 21. whoops sorry ranting abit now. time to stop i think. and get nback to subject.a nd the other day i said something i thought i would never ever say but i did say it and i still wish it would happen. i wished that my grandad would hurry up and die. i think that says that all really. so the answer to the question is about 4 mounths i think.

not generally the grudge type, with 2 exceptions;

My Father, who, dealing with him, felt like the main charactor in 'falling down'
    I dunno, I know he had a hard life, but, when he didn't tell any of the family about our grandma's death,
    it was the last straw, I havent spoken to him at all in many years

A gas station in town; I had just moved into town, was dirt broke, my gas tank was running on empty, pulled into a gas station and tried to put a couple of gallons in the tank, the pump wouldn't start, I went inside and asked the attendant why the pump won't start (it was not posted as pre-pay), he told me I'd already gotten the gas, I said absolutely not, and if I didn't pay him for the gas, he would call the cops. I went next door and called the cops, left the car at the pump
    the cops showed up, sided with the attendant, and ordered me to pay or be arrested(kiss newly found job goodby), I paid with my last $5 I had for the next 2 weeks. and ran out of gas 3 blocks down the road, the cops still wouldn't listen to me. I have never gone back there, or had a good word to say about them in the last 20 years, they used to get the finger from me every time I drove by, F off Jimmy's 66!

Quote Originally Posted by Nam Repaid View Post
    Lets see I was 4 so it was like 1964, my father, sister and I decided to surprise mom with the best Christmas tree ever when she got home from work. We went the the tree farm and had their best tree cut just for us. When we got home we set it up, decorated it perfectly and waited for mom to get home to see her beautiful surprise. Soon we heard he at the door letting herself in. Mom opened the door, looked at us and then the tree, her face turned red and she started to shake. We knew we were in trouble, just not why as we'd worked so hard to do something nice for her. She wen't into a long rant about how it was the worst tree ever, too skinny, lights uneven, too much tinsel and two ornaments of the same color next to each other. Her rage seamed to go on forever and finally she grabbed the tree still lit up by the base and threw it out the front door tinsel & broken glass littering the way. My sister, 7, and I in tears ran to our rooms , my father as always in mothers rages just stood there like nothing was wrong. A few days later we got another tree with mother and pretended nothing bad ever happened.
    That was 49 years ago and...
    I still do not forgive my mother for being such a bitch.
    I still do not forgive my father for not standing up for us.
    I still do not forgive my father for not realizing getting a tree without mom would piss her off.
    I still do not forgive my sister for pretending we had a happy family life now we've grown up.
    I STILL HATE F'N X-MAS!!!! That was only one of many holiday disasters.
    That is sooo sad... but why your sister? she was 7 at the time. Some people like to only look at the good things so maybe she is not pretending.

The one I still have is against a boy I knew with autism. He had ODD so he abused his mother and teachers to get his way and he did it for control. He got his way at home through the abuse he do and but at school he get into trouble. At my house he would be this sweet boy but be very nasty to my brothers and threaten them behind my back and always made himself out to be the victim. He was very manipulative and a pathological liar. He even chopped up my parents hammock they got down in Mexico before I was born. My brothers and their friends couldn't stop him because he had the ax and would throw it at them nearly hitting them. he did get hospitalized after my parents told his parents about it. I suspect now he may have had conduct disorder since he abused people. The only part that pissed me off was he got to get his way and his mother was weak and mine was strong so me trying to have ODD to get my way didn't work. She also told me if I hit her again, she would send me away. I didn't want to be sent away and not be able to shower every night or play my video games or be with my stuff so I stopped and started hating on the child. Then I find out months later he chopped up my parents hammock and he abused my brothers too and he always lied to me. And they say people on the spectrum can't be manipulative and tell a lie? Well this is just proof right there.

There was another grudge I held for a while for a few years. Mom told me back in 6th grade, she got bit by one of her students. I hated that student because he hurt my mother. Then when I was 15, mom finally mentions she had an autistic student she worked with and he would attack her and even bit her and he was not aware of his behavior and he was non verbal so he shrieked to communicate. For a while I just thought it was some kid who liked hurting my mother. Not someone who was non verbal and had no awareness of their actions. Now I am hearing there is no link between violence and autism so that is something new. So I guess this boy here who would be violent and not be aware of it had nothing to do with his autism. They keep changing stuff about autism and now it's violence is not part of it.