Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Super excited passed the ged exam!!

Default Super excited passed the ged exam!!

Just got the diploma in the mail really excited just wanted to share my excitement with you all!!! College next fall hopefully!

Congrats for you! Now onto higher ed whether it be college or a technical school.

Not sure yet, I have to do some interest evaluation with the guidence career counselor she is the one who is hopefully going try help me with stuff. Anyone know what fasa is?

do you mean fafsa? federal application for student aid (might be wrong on the abbreviation) financial aid form basically.

Thanks just never been through this before I heard of it but never really looked into it really. Thanks again where is better to go community or a 4 year?

Starting at a two year college can save you a lot of money, as they are typically a lot less expensive. If you are concerned whether you can handle the academic challenges of college, a two year institution is a good way to start. If you have the money and the commitment to studying, a four year university provides that living away from home experience, and feeling more on your own.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    Starting at a two year college can save you a lot of money, as they are typically a lot less expensive. If you are concerned whether you can handle the academic challenges of college, a two year institution is a good way to start. If you have the money and the commitment to studying, a four year university provides that living away from home experience, and feeling more on your own.
    Bah! Good call dogboy you beat me to it!
    Last edited by EmilyAdella; 24-Dec-2012 at 03:29. Reason: redundant

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDooKiddo View Post
    where is better to go community or a 4 year?
    Lots of four year colleges/universities have agreements with their local community colleges, where they wll accept all of the credits earned at community, for a four year degree. You should check that out for where you are interested in going. Could save you tons of money.

I've got a lot of friends who came into the same 4yr program I was in with transfer credits from their first 2 years and they were able to mix into the program without many disadvantages. Unfortunately the first few years tend to contain a lot of weed-out courses and relatively shallow subject material.