Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Check Walgreens for depends fitted.

Default Check Walgreens for depends fitted.

Walgreens is no longer going to carry depends fitted brief, so today I stopped at a walgreens for something else and saw they had them on sale for $7 a bag, so stock up while there cheep.
    I bought 3 bags the only way I was able to get that many in the house was in a bag of christmas presents.
    (hint hint to anyone having a hard time getting diapers into their house this is the time of year to do it, just make sure you have some real presents so no one wonders wear they all went.)

I have used that trick many times. It is just too bad that the Depends are such poor quality diapers because that really is a great deal.

Went down to our store and there were none in stock at all - either already taken at a discount or discontinued before...
    Walmart has some in s/m but no discount.

Went to another couple Walgreens in our region on another trip and same thing...no fitted at all. Either they have already been liquidated or haven't carried them in quite a while.

Quote Originally Posted by tommytemper View Post
    Walgreens is no longer going to carry depends fitted brief
    : Hey, another member who likes emoticons! Yea!

I think Depends is really betting on the outcome of their other products, such as Real Fit and Silhouette are following their lead, taking the former Depends Fitted Briefs (now called "Protection with Tabs") off of their shelves.

I think this is a losing bet for people who actually need to use an incontinence product. If you are interested, I posted my observations on the Real Fit product here: http://www.adisc.org/forum/diaper-ta...eal-fit-2.html. If I was a person who owned stock in Kimberly Clark (the parent company of Depends), I would be trying to sell it right now. Have any of you heard the story of the Edsel marketed in 1958-1960? It wasn't really too bad of a a car, but it was marketed as the next best thing to homemade pie, when it really wasn't. As a result, it flopped, and they stopped making them. My prediction is that as the word gets out about how ineffective the new Depends product is, they will either stop making it or fix it to create a product worth buying.

In any case, it appears that Walgreens, Walmart, Rite-Aid, and several Kroger family grocery stores have taken the Depends "diaper-style" product off of their shelves. However, if you are in the U.S., K-Mart (a.k.a "Big K") still carries the Depends Protection with Tabs.

Good luck and happy diaper-hunting!

Quote Originally Posted by TeddyBr_Cowboy View Post
    : Hey, another member who likes emoticons! Yea!

I think Depends is really betting on the outcome of their other products, such as Real Fit and Silhouette are following their lead, taking the former Depends Fitted Briefs (now called "Protection with Tabs") off of their shelves.

I think this is a losing bet for people who actually need to use an incontinence product. If you are interested, I posted my observations on the Real Fit product here: http://www.adisc.org/forum/diaper-ta...eal-fit-2.html. If I was a person who owned stock in Kimberly Clark (the parent company of Depends), I would be trying to sell it right now. Have any of you heard the story of the Edsel marketed in 1958-1960? It wasn't really too bad of a a car, but it was marketed as the next best thing to homemade pie, when it really wasn't. As a result, it flopped, and they stopped making them. My prediction is that as the word gets out about how ineffective the new Depends product is, they will either stop making it or fix it to create a product worth buying.

In any case, it appears that Walgreens, Walmart, Rite-Aid, and several Kroger family grocery stores have taken the Depends "diaper-style" product off of their shelves. However, if you are in the U.S., K-Mart (a.k.a "Big K") still carries the Depends Protection with Tabs.

Good luck and happy diaper-hunting!
    You are making a prediction based on how ineffective the new Depends product is, yet the old products were all very ineffective. I am not convinced that they really care about a good quality diaper and most people are probably too self conscious about there issue to really complain. Frankly I can't see how they have a single customer, yet they have lots of customers.

I do see what you are saying and generally I would agree, yet I would also say to never bet against the giant that had already done a tremendous amount of market research. Clearly there are features and/or attributes about the new diapers (probably one of them being that they are creating an illusion that the new product is not a diaper) that are appealing to the vast majority of there customers.

They may be forced to fix the diapers or they may even go out of business, I am betting that neither of these end up being the case.

Quote Originally Posted by cm90210 View Post
    Went to another couple Walgreens in our region on another trip and same thing...no fitted at all. Either they have already been liquidated or haven't carried them in quite a while.
    not all walgreens stores carried them to start with, the store in my town has not had them for a few years, I bought these in another town. They dont even list the s/m on their web site any more, (thats what led me to say they aren't going to carry them any more) they do list L but I suspect thats just because they have lots in stock they need to get rid of yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Garzilla View Post
    You are making a prediction based on how ineffective the new Depends product is, yet the old products were all very ineffective.
    I find the real fit better then the old pull-up style, yes its not perfect but better. The pull-up of just about any brand never fit me good but the realfit do and thats 1 step, I also think any pull-up is for slower, lighter, incontinence, and if you flood them or wet them 2 or 3 times they will leak.
    Reading the support on incontinence websites suggests that the most common type of ic. is stress ic. were you just leak a little here and there when you do things like bend over or sneeze and you aren't losing your full bladder, and for that little bit a pad or pull-up will hold for a long time only needing to be changed a few times a day.

And for those who do have severe ic. they do make diaper style briefs but its probably a much smaller market share then the light ic.

just my

My experience with Depends, with several different models and designs over several years, is that they are bad. I do not generally flood when I wet, rather I will wet little bits at a time. I recall having one on in my car a couple years ago and had just wet a very little, very little, and it leaked out pretty much immediately. They are just not good, never have been.

paul19

The reason that they stopped selling them at cvs and at wallgreens is because they carry their own line of diapers and they are very limited when it comes to depend. I think that they only carry the real fit and pullups. I've been buying The store brand maximum protection diapers and there not terrible ( at least the ones in cvs) they work better than depends thats for sure and they are a bit bulkier. There not top of the line or anything but they are my go to diapers when I cant order any off the web, or when I'm short on cash. I know rite aid does carry depends with tabs cause I bought a pack from there a few weeks ago. Walmart does too.