Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steam Winter Sale!

Default Steam Winter Sale!

It started today! Or yesterday, maybe, depending on where you live. It'll run from December 20 to January 5; the longest Steam sale that I can remember. Anyway, what does everyone plan to buy? Any games that you can't wait to go on sale? Anything you've already bought?

Right now I'm thinking about Mirror's Edge (already own it on 360, but want a PC version), Borderlands GOTY (same as above; not interested in the second at the moment), and a few indie games that have some pretty high base discounts (like They Bleed Pixels and Scoregasm).

The one game I hope to get this time around is Rocksmith, which is kind of like Rockband 3 on pro mode (you use a real guitar [or bass!]). It just came out on Steam about a month or two ago. I'd also like to pick up Sonic Adventure 2 and Generations, ClaDun X2, Fallout: New Vegas, Recettear, Civ V - Gods and Kings, and Dead Rising 2: Off the Record. And whatever else looks interesting. :3

I always love these sales, though I'm running a little low on cash. I've already picked up Dishonored after missing a previous sale - got it for $29.99, and Dead Island for $6.79. If Dragon Age comes on sale again soon, I might pick it up, I've been holding back on that one for a long time. I've owned Mirrors Edge for a long time now, and still haven't put more than an hour in it - what I've seen seems to point to it being really good though.

If they dropped the price of Carrier Command to something more appropriate for a game that sounds like it has crippling issues, I'd pick it up - it looks really fascinating, I've just heard some scary things about the friendly and enemy AI.

Super Scribblenauts will be 7.49 on amazon on the 24th-26th. Amazon rep Tony on Cheapass Gamer confirmed this. Steam activated code of course, might only be good for US residents.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
    If they dropped the price of Carrier Command to something more appropriate for a game that sounds like it has crippling issues, I'd pick it up - it looks really fascinating, I've just heard some scary things about the friendly and enemy AI.
    If its on a featured deal, it will never go for lower in the current sale. Never has happened in my 5+ years on steam.

Well, I ended up getting some big-name games that I really wanted that were still kinda expensive (namely Skyrim and Dishonoured). Not on Steam, though. ^ ^; Gamersgate had this big Bethesda collection on sale, but instead of being ~$90, it was accidentally set at $28. I ended up getting Morrowind GOTY, Oblivion GOTY, Skyrim, Fallout 3 GOTY, New Vegas Ultimate, Dishonoured, Doom 3 BFG, and some other stuff. Definitely the best deal of the year!

Quote Originally Posted by whitefox View Post
    Well, I ended up getting some big-name games that I really wanted that were still kinda expensive (namely Skyrim and Dishonoured). Not on Steam, though. ^ ^; Gamersgate had this big Bethesda collection on sale, but instead of being ~$90, it was accidentally set at $28. I ended up getting Morrowind GOTY, Oblivion GOTY, Skyrim, Fallout 3 GOTY, New Vegas Ultimate, Dishonoured, Doom 3 BFG, and some other stuff. Definitely the best deal of the year!
    I tried to see if I could get that "deal" but the site was getting DOS attacked unintentionally so badly. :P

You should of bought 2 "copies" then charge 45 dollars for the extra. Also Brink Complete was in it I think.

If anyone hasn't purchased these yet, LA Noire and FTL are both on sale for $4.99 (It's amazing how a fairly recent blockbuster multimillion dollar production like LA Noire can be on sale for the same amount as a fun little indie game, but that's beside the point)... they're both great games for different reasons, and I doubt you could spend a better 10 bucks today if you're a PC gamer.

I also endorse XCOM, but only if you can tolerate random crashes despite an otherwise stellar gaming experience and are willing to pay $33 for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Revive View Post
    sims 3.
    Rest in peace.

Default Re: Steam Winter Sale!

Picked up cs:go cheaply just waiting for some more games in my wishlist to go on sale

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1356743176439.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	19.8 KB 
ID:	15759

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2