Thread: Wrath of the Lich King

Default Wrath of the Lich King

So... I was the third person in my entire town to recieve a copy yesterday night at midnight. Because I'm cool like that. I am level 71 right now.

Anyone else get one? Because I'm telling you now, they put a lot of work into this expansion and it looks amazing.

There is a lot of plot.

As for me and my character
    Draenei Mage
    Server Darkspear.
    I have other characters but this is my main.

Post yours!

I just installed 2 copies last night, one for me and one for my kid. We didnt pre order so we couldnt get the real deal, had to download dvd from the web and order the keys from igxe. But anyway we're in, on the eonar server.
    We each made death knights, i named mine strongcoffee and my boy named his steaksteak, he wanted to name him steak but it was taken, so he tried mediumrare and that was taken too, so he jus put in steaksteak and named him that.
    I haven't checked out any of the content yet, jus redid my talents and stuff, I'll probably play tonight.

*drool*
    I want Lich King so bad.
    But alas. No monies to speak of.
    I'm just glad I'm paid off til January.

Aaanyway.
    Meilos - 28 Blood Elf Hunter. Madoran Server.

Penny Arcade! - Limitless Adventure

IMO, Pojo.

P.S.: If they upload a new comic by the time someone clicks it, go back a comic or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Pojo View Post
    It's funny cause it's true.
    xD
    I think it'll hit a little close to home for a few individuals though.
    *points at the supernerds*

Quote Originally Posted by Akira View Post
    It's funny cause it's true.
    xD
    I think it'll hit a little close to home for a few individuals though.
    *points at the supernerds*
    World First Kill - WotLK PvE Content cleared!

I can do this all day.

When you quit WoW to take a breather, you notice a lot of small things.

Quote Originally Posted by Rahara View Post
    World First Kill - WotLK PvE Content cleared!

I can do this all day.

When you quit WoW to take a breather, you notice a lot of small things.
    ... That makes me cry for the world.
    Some of these people I wouldn't wanna meet in real life.
    But it doesn't matter, I wouldn't meet them anyway, not unless I went into their house, kicked back all the Hot Cheetos and pizza boxes, stood IN FRONT of their computer screen and introduced myself.

But are you truly looking at it from the right angle?

They all have jobs, they all have lives, but they all have one thing in common. They're good at a video game.

Look at it from this perspective, "Did Blizzard really dumb down their game?"

There was a time when Pre-BC had it's newest 40 man raid, Naxxramas. Do you know how unbelievably hard and complicated it was? To the point where most casual guilds who were only able to do MC, BWL, and ZG on weekends couldn't even hope to clear but one wing.

But then Burning Crusade came out. You could call it the casual expansion. Why do I say this? Blizzard made some ungodly changes.

They removed attunements. There were guilds clearing Black Temple when casual guilds couldn't even down Vashj and Kael. Mind you, they ARE tough bosses, but to those who could get their act together easily molested the raids. But Blizzard went to the majority, and made Black Temple and Hyjal accessible to anyone.

Then came Sunwell, but a little too late, and a little too early? Top ranking Guilds demolished the instance in a month, while sooooo many casual guilds couldn't even clear trash. They didn't change it, because Wrath was right around the corner.

But look at what the top two guilds did when working together. They DESTROYED Blizzard's first 25 man raids in the expansion. How? They knew what they were doing. And this was on their Weekend, so they would most likely be on their game without things holding them back.

But as they put it bluntly, "If content is this easy, how much are they going to sacrifice to please the casual gamer?" Apparently enough if truly good players can destroy raids in a matter of hours.

Haven't gotten Wrath of the Lich King myself yet. Haven't seen much reason to. My highest character only just hit 24, so I can't be a Death Knight. I haven't had much to do yet with Raids or Instances just yet. So what does WotLK have that would make it worth getting right now? I have thought about putting it on my birthday/Christmas list though