Thread: Hello ADISC!!!

ConnorJ

Default Hello ADISC!!!

Hello everyone, my name is Connor J (first initial of my middle name) and I'm a high school student in Colorado.

Um, I have been wetting the bed for as long as I can remember, and I've been medicated for it for half that time. Last year my stream got really slow over the span of a month, and then it stopped altogether. This time, it came back all on it's own. The last time, it didn't come back. I had to rush to the hospital where they put in a catheter. One person told me that I had Spinning Top bladder birth defect, and another told me that there was no reason to believe this. He did a test on me and said that my urine stream was worryingly slow. On the 28th of this month I am going into surgery, he's going to knock me out and stick a camera down my urethrae and check out what's wrong. I admit that I am a little scared of what he finds. He said the worst that will happen is that I have something, but he'll take it out as soon as he finds it. If this happens I'll just have to have a catheter for a few days. Supposedly after that my whole system will work like it should. I'm worried that it will be worse than he thinks.

Other than that, I guess I'm pretty normal. Don't ever call me normal to my face though, normal is boring. Anyways I played high school Basketball (when my hip wasn't entirely screwed), care about my grades, and am totally head over heels with a girl named Ivy . I longboard, mountain bike, hack at a guitar hoping that someday I will be able to play it, and play video games with my best friend Blake. I love cars and will get a mustang as soon as I can get one. Finally I want to go to school at University of Washington in Seattle.

What do I want from this site? I guess other people who know what I'm rattling on about, and won't judge me for it.

Welcome to ADISC! Sorry to hear about your health concerns... I will be sure to say a blessing for you and send you some good energy! I wish you the best of luck with your procedure.

I have one question for you... It may seem silly, but it is VERY important...

Do you think bowties or long coats are cooler?

Second question, vastly less important, but something we would like to know, nonetheless... What are you studying? And what do you want to do when you graduate? And why UoWS? That is a ways away from Colorado. o.o

heya just poping in to say hi. its nice to see a new face but i have some a questions also. you would rather be sen as not normal in a society that think snormal is best and anything else is wrong my question is why ?

Quote Originally Posted by tennismad View Post
    heya just poping in to say hi. its nice to see a new face but i have some a questions also. you would rather be sen as not normal in a society that think snormal is best and anything else is wrong my question is why ?
    Well, like he said. Normal is boring. You will find that a lot of people that are more intelligent than average have similar thoughts unless they just haven't thought about normality. :P To be accepted as 'normal' is to be a number. One of a billion. To be abnormal is to be unique, one of one, the one and only. Society doesn't reward normal, society just promotes normal because normal is easier to manage and contain. The successful are rarely what we consider normal.

That is my philosophy, anyway.

Hi Connor, welcome to ADISC

Hopefully you'll find plenty of others here with similar experiences. Myself, I wear for fun, but I think you'll find people here very understanding, regardless of whether they are IC or AB/DL etc.

Best of luck with your surgery, hope it goes well!