Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No new designs for L/XL GoodNites this year?

Question No new designs for L/XL GoodNites this year?

I'm perfectly aware of the limited-edition Spider-Man and Tinker Bell designs that GoodNites got this year, but I'm actually surprised that the L/XL size didn't get a refresh to go with their smaller siblings. If I remember correctly, this is the first time since the gender split that GoodNites have actually carried a single set of designs for over a year. Don't get me wrong, the current designs are nice, I'm just surprised they've stayed around for so long. Does anyone think they'll get new designs for 2013?

Yeah it is kind of odd. Maybe it's a cost-cutting measure? Even the biggest companies seem to be hurting for cash these days. Anyway, I'd be happy if they don't change the designs. I rather like these ones, especially after the ones they had in 2011, which I thought were kind of ugly.

The DryNites had a minor change during the middle of 2012. They just changed the waistband and sides very slightly. I also think they did something to the material on the sides, because after that update I felt that the sides were slightly stretchier. But I may just be imagining things... Haha :P

Quote Originally Posted by DryNites92 View Post
    The DryNites had a minor change during the middle of 2012. They just changed the waistband and sides very slightly. I also think they did something to the material on the sides, because after that update I felt that the sides were slightly stretchier. But I may just be imagining things... Haha :P
    Maybe, but in my experience, they've pretty much been the same construction-wise since the 2010 version. Not that that's a bad thing though, the "new" version does a much better job of not leaking, plus the newer sides don't lose their elasticity as easily (seriously, the sides on the pre-2010 GoodNites wore out way too quickly for my liking).

I'm betting on no new designs until next spring or summer...odd that they didn't change anything this year, but I have heard that the economy has been impacting their business decisions recently (no more Huggies in parts of Europe).

That could be part of it, but a good part of me thinks that the S/M Limited Edition were originally planned as L/XL as well. Just seems odd that one size gets new designs and the other doesn't. Or maybe it's just me wanting some Tinker Bell GoodNites that'll actually fit.

Quote Originally Posted by KingSphinx View Post
    Or maybe it's just me wanting some Tinker Bell GoodNites that'll actually fit.
    Heheh... Probably. I do wish they'd released those in L/XL (I still bought a bunch of the S/M), but when you consider that the L/XL is aimed at teens, it's pretty obvious that a kiddish design was never going to happen.

Yeah it would've been cool for some new designs but as other people have mentioned I love the current designs also. Just bought my first pack of the newest ones a few days ago and they are awesome ! And yeah I'm pretty sure they did change the side material, it seems more like plastic but I like it better than the old ones.

The material of the sides changed when they went to the colored versions. I personally don't think that the sides are as stretchy as the older type.

Quote Originally Posted by KingSphinx View Post
    Maybe, but in my experience, they've pretty much been the same construction-wise since the 2010 version. Not that that's a bad thing though, the "new" version does a much better job of not leaking, plus the newer sides don't lose their elasticity as easily (seriously, the sides on the pre-2010 GoodNites wore out way too quickly for my liking).
    Yeah, I completely agree! The Pre-2010 ones would lose their elasticity after like one two nights. Which rendered them utterly useless if you went a few nights without wetting...