Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bottles and Sippy Cup Question(s)

Default Bottles and Sippy Cup Question(s)

So, being an AB (partially DL as well but not as much) I do enjoy drinking from them. I do enjoy an occasional bedtime bottle of milk. But am perfectly happy with a nice sippy cup. Which do you prefer? or is it about even? When I do drink from a bottle, I tend to prefer slow flowing nipples. It forces you to actually "suckle" more and makes it last longer, what kind of speed do those of you who do drink regularly or occasionally prefer? I have seen adult baby bottles, but am not sure whether they would be worth it. When I do on occasion have a bottle, regular baby bottles seem to suffice. Would such a thing be worth it? What type of sippy cup works best?

H0TWH33LS

I have always wanted to have a bottle before bed but I guess I have not been brave enough to make the purchase in the store. I would imagine tho a slow flowing nipple would be better. I could also see drinking other things besides milk from the bottle, be creative

Sippy cups are easier to drink from and deliver far more liquid, plus playtex ones can be insulated and hold up to 10 oz. Plus bottle nipples would wear out faster and seem more prone to leaking from the nipple.

In all honesty, im shocked parents would throw out sippy cups ASAP, apart from the harder to clean then normal glasses. But that's just the lid with the creatives and such. If its a hard plastic lid like the playtex's.

This is true fire. But I guess when I do drink from a bottle the point isn't to actually get the fluids, or actualy drink, but to help express my little side. So i really don't tend to care about actually drink it quickly. As for the purchases, My sister has a baby we watch all the time so we have bottles at the house, it's easy for me to use one without any notice and wash it without drawing attention.

I've got disney bottles and sippy cups that I got in a value bundle from Pacifiersrus last summer. I use the bottle every night at bedtime. It came with a medium flow silicone nipple which
    I use. They included a nuk 5 nipple with it that I couldn't get to work fight. The sippy cup I use every night when I take my pills. I just put a little water in it just enough to take my pills.
    I've only used mostly orange juice in my bottle.

Well I am up for just about anything in the bottle when I use it, other than water, which doesn't make me feel as little and flows a bit too fast for me.

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousOne View Post
    This is true fire. But I guess when I do drink from a bottle the point isn't to actually get the fluids, or actualy drink, but to help express my little side. So i really don't tend to care about actually drink it quickly. As for the purchases, My sister has a baby we watch all the time so we have bottles at the house, it's easy for me to use one without any notice and wash it without drawing attention.
    Well sippy cups have far better designs then Bottles. They aren't infantile and seem more toddlerish, but my regressive age is anywhere from 2-6.

But I'll just say Sippy cups work far more effectively for us then bottles ever will. I haven't found a nipple that doesn't leak on a bottle and they are about as expensive as sippy cups are. Plus I can use a sippy cup as a normal small glass too and it won't clog with Simply Lemonade unlike nipples do.

I can understand this. My regressive age incorporates traits from between 1 and maybe 4, so I can use both happily.

I haven't really found the right sippy cup to use. Personally I prefer the Avent bottles with the 4 whole nipple. Unlike some bottles the Avent ones seem to have better air flow I guess, so it's not as hard to suck. I hated the slow flow ones because it made me tired from sucking If your drinking liquids that have pulp then sippy cups might be the way to go though. If i'm drinking a bottle it's usually filled with milk or juice.

I found Nuby non-drip bottles, where the flow depends on the user. It is sort of in-between bottle and sippy cup. I am still very pleased with my purchase.