Thread: Hi, I'm bob.

Default Hi, I'm bob.

Hi, I'm bob.

Recently started wearing on and off again after a long hiatus, and wouldn't mind a few people to talk to.

I'm a massive science geek (grad student)

Quote Originally Posted by bob247 View Post
    Hi, I'm bob.

Recently started wearing on and off again after a long hiatus, and wouldn't mind a few people to talk to.

Hi Bob, and welcome to ADISC. I've found that everyone here is friendly, and most like to talk. It helps if we have some things to talk about, though, so what are you studying? Since you're a grad student I promise not to ask you when you'll be graduating .

I was a Computer Science major, and spent a bit of time in grad school, which is a rather long story, but the short version is that now I have a job as a programmer, mostly doing web development. Science is fun, though, and I have a bit of an interest in it.

Other than grad school, what are some hobbies or interests?

Quote Originally Posted by bob247 View Post
    Hi, I'm bob.

Fantastic! I'm also a slave grad student (I work with viruses). What's your corner of the science world like?

Actually, fuck that. Graduate schools is worse than slavery. I'm paying for the right to work for free.