Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: kinda scared... not gonna lie

Default kinda scared... not gonna lie

Soooo my hearts racing even as I write this, I tend to put a lot of walls up anyway, but when it comes to THIS..... So here goes *deep breath*, u can call me nunya, I'm a 33 yr old woman, happily married, and a lifelong bedwetter *another huge deep breath*, wow that's intense writing that down... anyway, I've had time where its ok, and times where its not (more so the latter) yes my husband knows, and yes I'm so blessed he is amazing and nothing but supportive:-) but other than him I've never opened up to anyone about it, bc of this I live in this weird state of shame I suppose, my husband keeps telling me I make a bigger deal out of it than neccesary, sooo I decided to see if I could find anyone else that was like me or could just understand, and I found my way here, and for the first time found myself not feeling so alone, and lol kinda ok in my own skin....
    So anyway, I'm a self described free-spirit that worries too much (lol if that makes any sense). I love tattoos and piecings (yup have a lot), self expression, and anyone who has an artistic bone in their body. I'm creative, chaotic, a control freak, and have heart that's entirely too big for my own good.I love my dogs, and I'm passionate about rescue, I foster and volunteer...... anyway.... that's all me in a nutshell
    Now I'm gonna go freak out... be niceplease?

Quote Originally Posted by nunya View Post
    Soooo my hearts racing even as I write this, I tend to put a lot of walls up anyway, but when it comes to THIS..... So here goes *deep breath*, u can call me nunya, I'm a 33 yr old woman, happily married, and a lifelong bedwetter *another huge deep breath*, wow that's intense writing that down... anyway, I've had time where its ok, and times where its not (more so the latter) yes my husband knows, and yes I'm so blessed he is amazing and nothing but supportive:-) but other than him I've never opened up to anyone about it, bc of this I live in this weird state of shame I suppose, my husband keeps telling me I make a bigger deal out of it than neccesary, sooo I decided to see if I could find anyone else that was like me or could just understand, and I found my way here, and for the first time found myself not feeling so alone, and lol kinda ok in my own skin....
    So anyway, I'm a self described free-spirit that worries too much (lol if that makes any sense). I love tattoos and piecings (yup have a lot), self expression, and anyone who has an artistic bone in their body. I'm creative, chaotic, a control freak, and have heart that's entirely too big for my own good.I love my dogs, and I'm passionate about rescue, I foster and volunteer...... anyway.... that's all me in a nutshell
    Now I'm gonna go freak out... be niceplease?
    Hi nunya, and welcome to ADISC. There's no need to be scared - I don't think anyone bites. I'm relatively new here myself, but I've felt a lot better after joining and posting here - hopefully you'll find the same thing. Knowing that there are other (relatively) normal people out there like me has helped. I think most of the people here enjoy wearing diapers, but there are some who suffer from IC as well (and a subforum dedicated to that).

What types of dogs do you have? I have a dog too, and am happy to share the breed, but only over PM since they're relatively rare and I don't this site coming up in google searches for them. He's a rescue, too. I've also done a bit of fostering, but my current dog really enjoys his "only dog" status, so that's not really an option for me anymore.

Hey Acorn:-)
    This whole being open thing is messing with me a little lol... ok here goes, I'm trying sooo bare with me lol! I have been a bedwetter pretty much my whole life, I've had times where it seemed to be "under control" and then bam its backkkk.... but here's the truth I'm struggling with... damn I wish I could PM, lol one person at a time would be easier... I don't dislike my diapers *wow face burning up* I just hate the way I feel about that.... omgggg not even my husband knows that truth.... ughhh I'm just tired of feeling so ashamed of it all, when I was lurking on this site it was the first time that I felt ok about it lol it was a ummm really nice feeling.... anyway I hope I can one day find some self acceptance with it all....
    As for my dogs, I have 3 mostly mutts lol, all being rescues its anyones guess what they are, but I think they are amazing:-) they love me, they make me smile, and go figure, I saved them??? Lol! I love fostering, and my dogs really seem to like it too, they foster parent more than I do! Lol! Anyway, thanks for responding to mu thread I'm feeling better already:-)

Me and my wife have a brindle pitbul (possibly Staffordshire). She is a sweet angel.

There are many people with IC issues here. Don't be ashamed. Don't be ashamed to admit you are ashamed. It took me until I was 39 to stop being ashamed about myself and start looking for others like me.

H0TWH33LS

Don't be ashamed Nunya, just make sure you keep an honest dialogue with your S?O.

Hi nunya, I too am new to this as well. I just want to say that you seem nice. I would definitely like to get to know you better, and maybe help you overcome your fears as well.

Quote Originally Posted by nunya View Post
    Hey Acorn:-)
    This whole being open thing is messing with me a little lol... ok here goes, I'm trying sooo bare with me lol! I have been a bedwetter pretty much my whole life, I've had times where it seemed to be "under control" and then bam its backkkk.... but here's the truth I'm struggling with... damn I wish I could PM, lol one person at a time would be easier... I don't dislike my diapers *wow face burning up* I just hate the way I feel about that.... omgggg not even my husband knows that truth.... ughhh I'm just tired of feeling so ashamed of it all, when I was lurking on this site it was the first time that I felt ok about it lol it was a ummm really nice feeling.... anyway I hope I can one day find some self acceptance with it all....
    As for my dogs, I have 3 mostly mutts lol, all being rescues its anyones guess what they are, but I think they are amazing:-) they love me, they make me smile, and go figure, I saved them??? Lol! I love fostering, and my dogs really seem to like it too, they foster parent more than I do! Lol! Anyway, thanks for responding to mu thread I'm feeling better already:-)
    Thanks for replying! There's an article on the site about self-acceptance that I've found helpful:

https://www.adisc.org/forum/content/...er-fetish.html

It might not be exactly the same situation since it's mostly geared towards the AB/DL side, but maybe it will help. I know what you mean about the *face burning up* feeling - I really only decided that it was silly to fight the fact that I like diapers a bit over a month ago. I'm better about it online, but I'm sure I'd get all funny if I had to even just say the word "diaper" out loud - even writing "I like diapers" was strange the first couple times. So I guess that's a long-winded way of saying that it gets better. I haven't yet told my SO, so I can empathize with that feeling as well.

My dog does like playing with other dogs, but he's kind of picky about who his friends are . That's why I don't think fostering would really work, although I admire the people who do it. Based on the little that I've done, I think I'd have a hard time giving up the dogs for adoption when the time came.

I've just sent you a PM too (about my dog ) - I think you can reply to a PM that is sent to you, but I'm not quite sure.

I love pittbulls, the most misunderstood breed of all:-)
    So I wish I could PM but lol I can't.... can I ask u how u deal with "all of this" with your wife?? I'm so blessesd that my husband is supportive and understanding about my '"issues", he's even picked up my diapers for me from the store, but I I don't know that I could ever open up to him about how I feel about them, other than the shame.... ughhh there's that cheeks burning up thing again lol

- - - Updated - - -

That last post was directed at hokie... sorry new to this... but to all the rest of u, thank u for your responses, it really is making me feel so much less alone, feel feee to PM me, I just can't write back yet lol

Default Re: kinda scared... not gonna lie

Before I knew what AB DL or anything was, or that there were others like me, I opened up to her about my strange fetish while we were still dating. She has been blessedly supportive of me even buying diapers for me when I was embarrassed to.

I agree. They want to ban them without opening their eyes. I've heard people who say pitbul owners like us ought to be shot. It's strange that someone picks such a poor reason to hate me like that. To them I'd like to say "if you are so easy to offend like that I ought to own 10 pitbuls."

I realize you directed your last question to HokieABDL, but I've been thinking about that a lot too since I haven't yet told my SO, so maybe this will give you something to think about.

My plan was to be honest, say I'm interested diapers (saying that out loud will be interesting), and that I was fighting it/hoping it would go away until recently. Honesty is the best approach, right? As for why I didn't tell her right away (if she asks) - I think it's fair for me to spend a little time accepting it myself, first, so I don't feel too bad about that.

I also wonder about if and/or when I should show her ADISC. I feel like it might be useful (especially some of the articles), and there are a few partners who've joined and started posting here, but there's enough information about me in my posts that she could probably figure out what my username is. Maybe that's ok since I haven't talked about her much at all, but it still feels a little strange. Maybe it will be less strange after I tell her.