Thread: Bedwetting cures

Default Bedwetting cures

Hi everyone,
    I was wondering if anyone had experience of success with bedwetting treatments as an adult?
    As a kid and teen my parents tried pretty well everything with me. We did the night waking, the alarms, drugs, hypnosis etc. None worked for me. Periodically as a young adult I tried again but have long given up and just accepted being a Bedwetter. On average I wet about 5 nights out of 7.
    I was wondering if its worth trying again. Any success stories out there?
    Thanks

Um diapers work well as a cure :P. JK. But the best idea is talk to the doctor and see if they can help.

Quote Originally Posted by Footielad View Post
    Hi everyone,
    I was wondering if anyone had experience of success with bedwetting treatments as an adult?
    As a kid and teen my parents tried pretty well everything with me. We did the night waking, the alarms, drugs, hypnosis etc. None worked for me. Periodically as a young adult I tried again but have long given up and just accepted being a Bedwetter. On average I wet about 5 nights out of 7.
    I was wondering if its worth trying again. Any success stories out there?
    Thanks

Footielad, welcome to the "club"
    I know EXACTLY what you mean... I'm 33 and still a bedwetter and have IC Issues during the day as well... always had.
    and my parents - like yours - tried everything... with no success...
    I would love to be rid of the bedwetting - but for me the diapers have proven to be the most hassle-free and comfortable "solution" to my bedwetting.
    I've been to countless urologist, neurologists... tried "all" the drugs and suffered from most of the serious side-effects with little to none impact on my wetting... some helped, some reduced the issue quite a bit, but the price (side-effects) was just not worth it... and none ever fully got rid of the bedwetting & IC for me, so I still would have needed protection...

After some time I found that the whole searching for a "fix" caused me a lot more stress... these days I *kind of* accept the Wetting and have come to be "Ok" with having to wear diapers & pull-ups / pads...

good luck though!

I was good for most of life not bedwetting. Nowadays at my age and my vision problems I'll just resort to wearing my diapers 24/7 and leave the Drs. and meds out of it.

I last went to doctor about my bedwetting about 5 years ago and he had nothing new to offer. I feel that I hve tried everything and all the "cures" just end up causing their own stresses with very little prospect of success. But just wondered if there was anything new out there or if it was worth trying anything again as a more mature guy. I guess I have had enough time to accept bedwetting as part of what I am but I am also tempted by the idea of overcoming it and would love to just go to bed without protection and know I would wake up dry.

I'm a bit younger then olman72 - but not much. The struggle to cope without diapers with all the stress and possibility of embarrassment that can accompany the possibility of failure may not be worth it. I would not advise anyone - especially anyone younger - to give up the battle for continence and dry beds too easily, but there comes a time when if all else fails good protection can give you back the ability to enjoy life.

have you tried the stop-start method?

(for those who don't know: it's basically just exercsing your muscles around your plumbing by stopping the flow mid-pee, then starting again, and so on, every time you urinate. this is what cured my bedwetting, aged 10-ish)

Quote Originally Posted by ade View Post
    have you tried the stop-start method?

(for those who don't know: it's basically just exercsing your muscles around your plumbing by stopping the flow mid-pee, then starting again, and so on, every time you urinate. this is what cured my bedwetting, aged 10-ish)
    I`ve tried that and can do it with no problems at all when I`m awake, but when I drift off to sleep I relax and so it seems does my bladder control. I do get urges to pee during the day but for most of the time I can hold onto it.

Default Bedwetting cures

I took the medication called DDAVP and it worked but the side effect to taking it would be headaches every day so I decided diapers are a much better route.

sorry I don't have any info for you. I'm 25 and still pee my bed a few times a month but use to wet the bed a lot more growing up. Dr. visits, walking, limiting fluids, bedwetting alarms in my underwear, pills…LOL we tried it all and nothing ever worked as a cure. Closest was the bedwetting pills I'd take but after taking them for a while they stopped working and I would start wetting aging.