Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another ? If You Were an AB/DL Parent

Question Another ? If You Were an AB/DL Parent

How would you handle your child bringing up the subject on their own? For example, he/she might come home from school one day and say, "Weirdest thing I saw....this other kid stooped down to tie a shoelace and I saw the top of a diaper showing above his pants. Really strange, eh?" How would you handle that? Just pretty much blow it away, "Yeah, that was...umm...interesting"? Or, would you feel comfortable enough to then take a little time and explain a few basic facts about infantilism and why the other kid might have been wearing? Not infantilism from A to Z, but a brief discussion in hopes of helping your son/daughter to at least be understanding of other people who are part of the community.

I had a similar experience myself early in this year. I picked up my son at work one day and he started telling me about these two teens in the store, and that one had a urine smell that pretty much followed him around. His pants weren't wet, so my son was thinking *wet diaper* and couldn't understand why a teen would be wearing one. In that instance, I took some time while we rode home to give a brief explanation of why some people do wear diapers even though beyond toddler age. I spoke from both the medical and psychological standpoint. Tried to give him just enough info so he'd be understanding if he ever came across any ABs or DLs in his lifetime. Didn't allude to myself in any way being one, but only discussed the experience he had at the store to encourage him to be tolerant of others. After our discussion, he seemed to be more understanding as to why the customer could have been wearing and didn't react in any negative way, so I felt I had accomplished my goal in talking with him.

~Pramrider

I think it's quite important to teach a child tolerance no matter what the subject matter is. At school, kids will most likely bear witness to countless instances of intolerance, so it's important that the parent (along with educators etc) act as a sort of counterbalance to that.

I have to agree completely, tolerance is something that isn't seen/shown a lot in society nowadays. If you explain to your kid the multiple reasons why someone other than a baby/toddler wears diapers, they'll be more understanding to peoples' situations in general. I think that goes for EVERYTHING too, not just infantilism. It will get your kids to understand that no matter what it is, people have reasons behind what they do, not that they are just freaks or weirdos.

I don't think I'd start off with a discussion of infantilism in the case you described simply because it's not the most likely explanation for someone wearing a diaper. Maybe I'd be missing a golden opportunity to try to spread understanding and tolerance, but it just seems like a bit of a leap, and it's not up to me to "out" someone else.

Now if there was something to the story that made it sound like incontinence wasn't the reason, I'd still start there, and then work into other explanations. I'd keep it pretty light, though, as in, "Some people like to wear diapers even when they might not need them." I'd really want to avoid giving more information on that then was desired, same as with any other strange human behavior.

It sounds to me like he did not just explain the part of AB/DL but also incontinent... and other reasons. Which I think was a good way to do it.

I agree though, Don't start out about AB/DL especially if you don't want your child to think you are one XP

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_d View Post
    It sounds to me like he did not just explain the part of AB/DL but also incontinent... and other reasons. Which I think was a good way to do it.

I agree though, Don't start out about AB/DL especially if you don't want your child to think you are one XP
    Yeah, I didn't go into the sexual side of diaper wearing at all, or into any other AB activities, or bring up the term "infantilism". There wasn't any need, and I'd feel very uncomfortable going there myself. I just wanted to give him a couple simple reasons for why the guy in the store may have been wearing, the simplest being incontinence. Then I mentioned some people have had events in their lives while growing up which caused a good deal of insecurity to be felt. They relate the diaper wearing to the comfort and security they once had as a very young child, so it fills an important psychological need with them to have one on. He was completely OK with those brief explanations, and that's where I let the conversation rest. He's never brought the subject up again and neither have I.

~Pramrider

Teach him that they are freaks and need to be killed like gays,no whites, and other religions then mine.

Seriously though

lightly Smack him up side the head and tell him Not to be rude and if He starts spreading roomers(even if it is true) his ass is going to be on fire that night and maybe the next day too. I'm going to be a mean parent. Nice but "mean" in the eyes of my child.

I'd teach him/her tolerance though. But I believe in corporal punishment. I kn ow if my parents did not beat my ass every time i fucked up big time I'd be way worse.

FullMetal

Quote Originally Posted by Pramrider View Post
    How would you handle your child bringing up the subject on their own? For example, he/she might come home from school one day and say, "Weirdest thing I saw....this other kid stooped down to tie a shoelace and I saw the top of a diaper showing above his pants. Really strange, eh?" How would you handle that?

~Pramrider
    I would be like "GTFO, wahat a fucking weirdo!!!"

No, I joke. Listen, I feel that my fetish is my personal thing. It is the same to me as someones fetish of S&M and I do not think they would tell their kid about that. So I would just play it off as "I am sure you were just seeing things" or "maybe he has a medical condition" or something along those lines. I mean, I wouldn't go and tell my son "You know why that man is wearing a collar? Well, son, some people like to be tied up and even some like to be hit with other guys cocks while in bondage! But...everyone has their kinks! *Sarah Palin Wink*" Yea...no.

I really think that I would not tell my kid of something like that...I mean I wouldn't even feel it necessary. And I know that I will be a father and something might change, but that is how I fell now.

FullMetal