Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: I admit it, I'm a furry fan.

Default I admit it, I'm a furry fan.

Over time, and with a good amount of observation, I have come to admire the furry community. Everything from the artwork to the whole idea of personal character formation is really cool. While I would never have even conceived of this subculture in the distant past, the internet has certainly given me much opportunity for study. I am curious if most of you were furry before or after discovery of the furry community.

While I don't quite know if I would ever form a fursona myself, I admit I have found this little subculture quite intriguing, and I like it a lot.

Well we are happy you like us : p

I was actually a furry after I found the fandom, it took a couple years, because at first I looked at it and was sorta like "meh" Now I'm like "Friggin sweet!"

Cygnus

You're kind of like a wildlife biologist, you study the animals from a distance

You know, that question has always bothered me. I understand what it is asking, but the wording of the question always bugs me. Furry is a fandom that one has to identify with. You're not a furry until you associate yourself with the subculture. I have loved anthropomorphic animals all my life; I had two anthro foxes named Hashbrown and Foxy as my imaginary friends throughout my childhood. When I found the fandom, I pretty much instantly got into it and made a fursona. I've changed species many times since then, but I was essentially hooked from the get-go.

Quote Originally Posted by Cygnus View Post
    You're kind of like a wildlife biologist, you study the animals from a distance

You know, that question has always bothered me. I understand what it is asking, but the wording of the question always bugs me. Furry is a fandom that one has to identify with. You're not a furry until you associate yourself with the subculture. I have loved anthropomorphic animals all my life; I had two anthro foxes named Hashbrown and Foxy as my imaginary friends throughout my childhood. When I found the fandom, I pretty much instantly got into it and made a fursona. I've changed species many times since then, but I was essentially hooked from the get-go.
    That makes sense

randee

I feel pretty much the same. It would be cool to have a fursona and all, but I'm just not a bf.

I too find the whole furry thing interesting, and with my imagination, could easily play the game, but have to say I don't really feel it. having said that I find so many of the BF images sooooo cute. Power to you all.

I became a furry after joining ADISC. After learning about furries and admiring the cool artwork, I remembered that I had role played in my friend's RP as a tiger at recess during elementary school, and thought it would be fun to re-live a bit of that. Bada-bing bada-boom, now I'm a keytar playing Leopard-Cougar:P

Quote Originally Posted by Rissy View Post
    Pffft~ Furries are lame~
    Why even write this, ya basterd? Simple. If ya don't like us, DON'T hang around us.

ANYWHORE! Back on topic, I figured I was into the furry regime BEFORE I found out about the community. I'm actually a part of two fandoms if ya will - Steampunk and Furries.

Yeah, the light side of the furry stuff is really cute, especially the babyfur side....

I am not a furry.

Did I mention I am in denial?