Thread: 90s Muppet Babies diapers?

Default 90s Muppet Babies diapers?

Does anybody remember diapers from the 90s with the Muppet Babies on them? My sister wore them back in 96/97ish. Does anyone know who made them? I can't find anything online about them.

Quote Originally Posted by gnd567 View Post
    Does anybody remember diapers from the 90s with the Muppet Babies on them? My sister wore them back in 96/97ish. Does anyone know who made them? I can't find anything online about them.
    Huh. Are you sure they were Muppet Babies, or might they have simply been baby Muppets? There were Huggies with Muppet Babies prints in the very early 90's, maybe even the late 80's. The TV show ended in 91, however, and I'd be surprised if they'd made Muppet Babies diapers as many as five years after that. It's certainly possible, I just don't remember them.

I'm sure of it. It was one of my favorite shows at the time (in reruns on Nick Jr) and I thought it was cool that the characters were on the diapers.

It seems that there are a surprising (I know - it's the internet, I shouldn't be surprised) number of vintage diaper pictures on flickr. Have you checked there?

Otherwise there are a few completed ebay listings that might provide some clues:

Vintage Plastic Backed Huggies for Her Pink Disposable Diapers with Muppets | eBay
    Lot of 15 Misc Vintage Baby Diapers Mixed Lot Size Pampers Huggies Etc | eBay

Hopefully posting links to ebay auctions is ok - the auctions are not mine, and they're over, so I'm only posting the link for the pictures.

I actually wore these when I still use to wet the bed when I was young. I believe that there is still one remaining in my grandparents old house. When I go home for the break I will head over there and see if I can find it. There might be a brand name on them or something. I'll get back to you in a week or so...

-Doubtful

Cool thanks! I would love to find out who made them!!

-Doubtful[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontail View Post
    Huh. Are you sure they were Muppet Babies, or might they have simply been baby Muppets? There were Huggies with Muppet Babies prints in the very early 90's, maybe even the late 80's. The TV show ended in 91, however, and I'd be surprised if they'd made Muppet Babies diapers as many as five years after that. It's certainly possible, I just don't remember them.
    The show ended in 91 but it aired much longer (and might still somewhere). There are always new kids to whom the shows are new.

I have the diaper tape print if any one ways it. I make my own tapes out of the pattern sometimes. I used to wear that exact diaper for a while when I was little. I even have pictures in them when I was a kid!

I am fairly certain that these were available on generic diapers. I remember purchasing these at Target around the year 1999 or so.

They might be a generic diaper. I sure wish I could find some.