Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Feeling uncomfortable about teenagers on this site

Default Feeling uncomfortable about teenagers on this site

I rarely ever come to this site due to the fact that there are members under the age of 18. I feel it conflicts with my own personal values because I work with children and teenagers. I just feel it is highly inappropriate for adults to be discussing potentially sexual stuff with kids and that there is too high of a risk for something to go terribly wrong and for a minor to end up in a compromising situation. Does anyone else share similar concerns?

Default Re: Feeling uncomfortable about teenagers on this site

We have strict rules about sexual stuff. Moo is the site founder and is very adamant about teenagers never giving out any contact information on this site and for adults to never give contact info accessible by teenagers. Regardless of where one lives, no one can meet up if under 18. Honest dialog is okay but not sexually arrousing stuff.

i'm a social worker in my country and in my opinion the admin here have a wonderful job to keep what teens can have and what they can't have here.. sexual education is important for teens.. they deserve to know some information about sex as long as it's not too much..

Default Re: Feeling uncomfortable about teenagers on this site

I understand your concern. However, think of it this way. Teens everyday are discovering this part of themselves everyday. They feel like they're beyond weird, creepy, and abnormal. They then go on the internet eventually. Seeing many sites and creepy videos, they only feel worse about themselves.

What's great about this site is that it gives teens who are discovering the DL and AB side of themselves a place to go that is the most nurturing that I've found online to this date. Yes, there are also older people here, but they offer wisdom and advice to teens.

I just wish that I found a site like this 7 years ago when I first started searching online. Instead, I found Deeker (yes, I said his name). It creeped me out and made me hate myself. Yet, I went back to it regularly because it was the only connection to something that I knew was inside me. There needs to be a healthy place for teens to go, and I think Moo is aiming for that.

I do feel like some separation between the adults and teens may be beneficial, but doing too much could ruin the glue that holds the site together.

Quote Originally Posted by ajthepie View Post
    I rarely ever come to this site due to the fact that there are members under the age of 18. I feel it conflicts with my own personal values because I work with children and teenagers. I just feel it is highly inappropriate for adults to be discussing potentially sexual stuff with kids and that there is too high of a risk for something to go terribly wrong and for a minor to end up in a compromising situation. Does anyone else share similar concerns?
    I have a rule of thumb for anything I do here. I like to ask: how would I feel about defending this conversation to a kid's parents in front of a judge?

I have no problem speaking about sexual matter when directing my comments to another adult or to no one in particular (provided it's a thread no geared toward teenagers, say, something in the teen forum).

Your honor, I'm an adult speaking to other adults. If a minor was able to read my comments, that's an issue for the site's administration.

I also have no problem speaking to teenagers about non-sexual matters.

Your honor, I do realize that the website is for diaper fetishists. However, the conversation was about the proper method of browning ground beef to make chili. Nothing in the content is objectable to a reasonable person.

I also will speak with minors when I feel I'm taking the parents' side.

Your honor, yes, I was speaking to him regarding his diaper fetish. However, please note that I was supporting what his parents told him and told them he should heed their advice. I'm in trouble for that? Really?

As I see it this is a teen site that tolerates respectful older members. The mods keep ADSIC under control and PG-13 to the best of their ability and very well from what I seen here over the years. As an older DL, 53, I try to not post thoughts or antidotes not suitable for mid teens but often they post things that broaden my horizons.

It is a site that is designed to be a support forum. It is not intended to be used as a means for meet ups, erotica, depravity or otherwise. It is here to help people learn how to cope with a not so common issue. Yes, this issue is a sexual one, and as such is rather tricky. It is here to help people gain self acceptance and learn how to live a happy healthy life. In this community we offer, support, commiseration, advice, and share common experience.

There is nothing malicious about this idea. The site exists, and strives for the safety of minors, and the admin do a very good job of regulating the content to keep that safety in tact.

I wish I'd had access to this site when I was a teen trying to come to terms with this. Heck there's still a bunch I'm trying to come to terms with. The way I generally see it, there seems o be a fairly neutral playing field (I mean most of us share a common drive regardless of age) some of the content in certain posts does concern me though when I think of some of the younger dudes on here. I for one will not post anything explicit on here, and am unlikely to respond to anything similar. I am mostly interested in emotional and psychological issues(other than sexual) there does seem to be many other places people can go to, to discuss seedy stuff. Keep ADISC a nice caring place please.

Cygnus

Here's the funny thing: being a teenager, I found this site to be such a valuable resource because discussions sometimes tend to be sexual in nature. Were it not for this site and the Internet in general, I would be so completely lost and confused when it comes to sexuality. Sure, everybody learns about the birds and the bees in health classes, but such courses don't really touch on the psychology of sex. Sure, I'd know all about my sexual organs, but I'd have no idea why I was thinking the way I was or if it was normal to be doing so. Overall, this site puts things of sexual nature in a more educational and informative light, whereas other sites may be purely for gratifying one's sexual desires. Sexual things are to be learned about and not practiced here.

As for youth being put into compromising situations, this site has pretty strict rules as well as a great moderation and safety team. They succeed very well in keeping all members both safe and content. At least, to the extent of my knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by AEsahaettr View Post
    I have a rule of thumb for anything I do here. I like to ask: how would I feel about defending this conversation to a kid's parents in front of a judge?[/i]
    We've had this conversation in pm and we both came to this consensus.

The thing that always amuses me when someone thinks under 18's should be thrown off the site, is that they have it backwards. This site was started for teenbabies, not adults. If anyone should have to leave, it would be us adults. The teenagers have been gracious enough, them and Moo, to let us be a part of their site.

I remember this site before it crashed, but I wasn't a member because I wasn't a teen. I'd occasionally lurk, but that was it. After the fatal crash, Moo resurrected it and added a forum for adults. Then we got Adult Diapers, and the rest become history. But I think before the adults get bent out of shape, it's important to see this site from its historic beginnings and realize that us older members are the interlopers, not the teens.

As others have said, we adults need to be mindful of our younger members and think about what we say. From my observations, it's often the teens who are a little more ribald. Either way, if we see something which we think is inappropriate, all we need to do is click the report button and let the mods do their job.