Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: On and Off

Default On and Off

Does anyone have an inconsistent desire to wear? You see, for me diapers are very much sexual interest. The problem is that when arousal ceases, I feel weird and slightly ashamed of wearing a diaper. I'll buy a pack, wear two, and feel like throwing it out.

Any advice on how to handle this?

Yeah. It's got a fancy name and even an article about it...

The Binge/Purge Cycle

The above article covers a lot of the explanation and even give some advice about it too.

Thanks, I'll give it a read.

Edit: Just gave it a read. I think my DL tends to conflict with my self image as a grown adult. That when I'm a DL I'm not being the me that my friends know. Being in a DL mindset makes me feel estranged from my actual personality, and I really don't like that. I actually sort of have a love-hate relationship with diapers at this point, like they're an addiction.

Ya I can totally relate to this.

Like most people I started out as a pure DL, and back when it was a purely a sexual thing for me I'd instantly be drawn out of the moment and start to feel totally ridiculous as soon as I, uh... finished my business.

For me this has partly been solved by my shift more towards ABism and away from the sexual aspects of wearing. I think the trick is just to understand that, even though you might feel silly or ashamed for the moment, the desire will return eventually

Lindt

Well, as the binge/purge cycle article I'm almost positive mentions...

it all comes down to self acceptance. Being able to be who you are and not be ashamed or feel guilt is an important - and rather elusive - thing. For every person the process is different. For some, adapting a mantra to repeat to themselves can help, hearing "I am who I am and that's okay" on repeat in their heads. For others, there's a sudden revelation that *B/DLism isn't at all a bad thing. For yet others, it can just come down to exposure, which is what happened with me. After a while I've just become used to these things so they no longer bother me.

All in all I think self-acceptance and the ability to achieve it actually ties in with your general outlook on life - how happy you are, how self-conscious you are, etc.

If you ever need to talk to someone this would be the place to do it and we're here to offer you our support though I'll confess I never felt like pixels on a screen offered me too much support.

Anyways, hope things can stabilize for you Otter!

Thank you for the advice.

I know people will tell me this can't be done, but I want out. I don't want to be that creepy fetish guy. I want to be a normal, handsome guy who can bring home girls. It doesn't matter how much I jade myself into liking diapers, that doesn't change the fact that it's still a fetish and one of the odder ones at that.

Cool guys don't have odd fetishes. Yeah, so Elvis, Jack Black, and Marilyn Monroe have foot fetishes. That's okay, because feet aren't that weird and foot fetishes are pretty common. But a diaper fetish? Nobody, no matter how famous, could come out as an ABDL and still be cool and popular. I just can't figure out a way to integrate as polar opposite concepts as diapers and being cool. My self image just doesn't have room for this fetish, and I want to get rid of it.

Sorry for the rant

Lindt

Quote Originally Posted by Otter View Post
    Thank you for the advice.

I know people will tell me this can't be done, but I want out. I don't want to be that creepy fetish guy. I want to be a normal, handsome guy who can bring home girls. It doesn't matter how much I jade myself into liking diapers, that doesn't change the fact that it's still a fetish and one of the odder ones at that.

Cool guys don't have odd fetishes. Yeah, so Elvis, Jack Black, and Marilyn Monroe have foot fetishes. That's okay, because feet aren't that weird and foot fetishes are pretty common. But a diaper fetish? Nobody, no matter how famous, could come out as an ABDL and still be cool and popular. I just can't figure out a way to integrate as polar opposite concepts as diapers and being cool. My self image just doesn't have room for this fetish, and I want to get rid of it.

Sorry for the rant
    Can't force you into anything, but we've all been down that road. Self-image is really just ego, unfortunately, and some people aren't willing to let that go. I wish you luck trying to get rid of it, and know we'll still be here if you need support. I mean, I'm TB and I'm still considered pretty cool. If you're confident in who you are then people won't really care. I don't really wave anything in people's faces. Anyways, stay happy man.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindt View Post
    Can't force you into anything, but we've all been down that road. Self-image is really just ego, unfortunately, and some people aren't willing to let that go. I wish you luck trying to get rid of it, and know we'll still be here if you need support. I mean, I'm TB and I'm still considered pretty cool. If you're confident in who you are then people won't really care. I don't really wave anything in people's faces. Anyways, stay happy man.
    Sorry if it came across as insulting. I'm not trying to call anyone uncool, maybe except myself.

Cool guys don't have odd fetishes.
    While one could argue whether he is cool or not, Ricky Martin likes golden showers (I'd link to a source, but it's easy to google). I'd say that's as odd as liking diapers.

More seriously, though, I wouldn't be surprised if "odd" fetishes are more common than most people think. I think they're mostly considered odd or strange because people don't talk about them.

Lindt

Sorry if it came across as insulting. I'm not trying to call anyone uncool, maybe except myself.
    You're fine. It's all about balance though. If your fetish isn't your life it's not really an issue.