Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who going to See the Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey?

Smile Who going to See the Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey?

I know I will. I known about the movie for a while. Been a Lotr Fan for a long time. I have not been to the Movies in 15+ years. It took the Hobbit to bring me back to the Movies.

I am Epic player in Lord of the Rings Online.

2 Life time Accounts and 20+ Toons and counting lol.

I'm annoys that they're dragging this out over years. Yes, its a long book, and I get the marketing end of it, but it still annoys me. Much as I liked the book, I'm undecided about seeing the movie.

I can't wait! I just need to find someone to go with me. The Hobbit was my introduction to Tolkien and I have read and re-read the book countless times (although maybe not as many times as I've read the LotR books) I'll be going to see it in theatre, and then when it comes out on DVD I'll be buying that! (I've got the extended versions of the LotR movies)
    C'mon December 14th!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
    I'm annoys that they're dragging this out over years. Yes, its a long book, and I get the marketing end of it, but it still annoys me. Much as I liked the book, I'm undecided about seeing the movie.
    Three movies does seem a bit much, but I'm trying to put off judging that until I see them. Even the extended versions of the Lord of the Rings movies left out a good deal of material from the books. Perhaps the Hobbit movies will enjoy an even better relationship with the source material.

The Hobbit is going to be 3 hours 5 minutes long, I'm excited, I get to work the midnight showing. Don't think I will watch the movie though. I couldn't even finish the LOTR: Fellowship, I got through Return of the King, but only because I was watching it with a friend.

Wow 3 hours lol.

Can we say Diaper time :P Can we say Bellissimo
    Last edited by Lestat; 05-Dec-2012 at 19:20.

3 hours maybe - no-one's going to stop me from seeing it!!!!!!!!

I have never read or seen anything in the Lord of the Rings series although I have been meaning to. I heard it is amazing and all my friends want me to see it. So I will maybe go see it although I should probably read them first.

They extended it into three films by including all the extra back story material found in other Tolkien books. While I'm sure they are trying to appease die hard fans, I'm not sure it's a good idea. I hope it doesn't ruin the pacing of the story. The Hobbit was always accessible because of how straightforward of a tale it was. Adding all the back story might slow things down too much.

I also heard all the goblins and orcs are cgi now instead of real people in costume and makeup. That is lame.

I'm still really excited to see it.

I'm not really a Lord of the Rings fan but I won't have a choice. My girlfriend it pretty well making me go lol. It's all fair though I drag her to movies she doesn't wanna see too.