Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how do you get diapers if your disabled but you don't have a wetting problem?

Default how do you get diapers if your disabled but you don't have a wetting problem?

i was wondering how can i get diapers cause i'm disabled but i don't have a wetting problem...any advice

Countdown

you mean on the government's dime???

you don't... unless you are willing to commit fraud... if you want diaps from government-money & you don't need diaps (i.e., are not IC)... then you are committing fraud & theft... use your own $$$ to buy diaps...

Quote Originally Posted by koda1890 View Post
    i was wondering how can i get diapers cause i'm disabled but i don't have a wetting problem...any advice
    i understand that you have CP... and if that is so, maybe you don't or are not able to dress and un-dress yourself very efficiently. and therefor when you go out on your own (or with friends) and need to use the "facilities".... it can be very hard if not damn near imposable and therefor quite probably very intimidating at just having the idea of going out at times..... (if you follow my drift)
    now if a fellow in your situation had some "protection" to wear while out, this whole scenario might well have a completely different outcome.... (mentally speaking)

is this line of thinking of any help by chance.... (soft smile)
    this is a support group after all.....

Take your money, and go to the store...or shop online...just as you always have. > Even if you did have IC...all your going to be able to get is not enough cheap depends. > I tried to think of a 'softer' way to say what Countdown did, but the facts be what they is...you don't...on a medical dispensary...in fact, you shouldn't even be able to...unless you are prescribed diapers...otherwise, you use from your cash allotment (if any). Happy motoring!

- - - Updated - - -

*Note* Apparently, I can not edit my posts...here's what I tried to add... I certainly didn't intend to be crass...I can see how it may look that way. Tell us what it is you are after...you may need to consult with your caseworker (or equivalent), your Dr. may prescribe diapers for you...IDK...best answer without more info. regards, -Marka

BigC300

Default how do you get diapers if your disabled but you don't have a wetting problem?

Look for some bath towels you can fashion into homemade diapers. Once you find towels, all you need are pins to fasten them. Don't have any pins? Look around and find some duct tape to hold your diaper in place!

Quote Originally Posted by koda1890 View Post
    Neither disability nor continence necessarily make any difference as to how you obtain diapers. You get them from a shop (a "real" one or web-based) just like anyone else.

But... it feels like I'm missing something... Do you want to get the diapers from a physical shop but your disability prevents you from travelling there easily? Or are you concerned that your continence will be queried when you purchase them? Or are you wondering whether others would find it reasonable to use them for "convenience" (if using a toilet in public is difficult for you)? Or would you be unable to hide the diapers from a carer and are considering how/whether to tell him/her? Or do you need assistance actually putting the diaper on and taking it off...? Or are you asking whether you are legally entitled to some kind of state subsidy? Or are you asking how to check whether you can make a claim on some kind of health insurance policy? Or are you wondering whether you can fake a continence problem to obtain them fraudulently? Or... something I haven't thought of...?

(Sorry -- so many questions!!!)

I'm Incontinent and a Bedwetter... my Insurance company at least pays part of my day-time diapers/pads/pull-ups.... but I had to fight for SEVERAL YEARS to get a partial payment for my night-time need (as I'm travelling for business often, it was kind of unavoidable... but if you're "home-staying" mostly, at least here around they're a bunch of cheap-asses and won't pay/support for bedwetting supplies! (go figure).

But if you DO NOT NEED diapers, than it would be REALLY WRONG to have someone else pay for them...

other than that: take you money, as suggested, go to a store or shop online

I thought the OP was asking how do you get diapers when you are disabled because he lives with his parents and he doesn't drive so he has no way of getting them and he can't put them on himself.

I am disabled and I have no control at all and the gov. Still dose not pay for my diapers so good luck with that.

medicaid pay for diaper hey they are cheap and need a few doublers to make them last more than 3 hours i have had 3 back surgery's one of with nicked a nerve root causing my bladder leakage